02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello everyone,

I am sitting propped up in my bed at 5 am having spent the last hour hacking, coughing and wheezing. Went to bed at 11 and woke up at 1 with a cough, got back to sleep at 1:30 and here I am now. I have no fever but I think I may be coming down with a cold, just what I don't need. Another thing to put on my concern list for my clinic next week, progressing arm and leg weakness, peg tube replacement, increased shortness of breath and need for a cough assist machine. Damn, I hate this stinking disease, especially when it interferes with a really nice dream!

Gonna try to sleep again, Nurse Rose where are you?

love you love you love you...........;All us women will wrap you up nice and warm in our arms

And just look at your avatar. If this is how you have been going round, no wonder!

Barry, you take it easy. And keep an eye on the temp.; first sign of a fever- even low
grade- you call the doc, OK?

Irismarie, I have not laughed that loud for a very loooooooooooooooooooong time ! Your comment about Barry running around "neck-ed" and him catching a cold was too much ! You have made my day and I thank you ! CATE

Berry
Very best wishes to you. I hope this turns out to be nothing.

Barry,

GET that cough assist! It really will pull gunk up out of your airways.... and, IMHO, in the interim increase the amount of water you're taking in through your PEG. More hydration = thinner secretions.

I second what Mare said, first sign of fever, GO to the doctor!

Nurse Rose and I hope you're already better.

Attachments

• follies nurserose-1c - Copy.jpg
    follies nurserose-1c - Copy.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 27,725
Barry, I hope you have a much better day then you did last night. Hopefully it isn't a cold. Sending you hugs and wellbeing. Josie

Thank you all, I went back to bed and slept from 5 until 9 with no more problems. I feel much better now and am having some liquid breakfast. I hope I don't have another night like that for a long while and I will sit up in my recliner because the problem is worst when I lay down.

Thank you Nurse Rose, how did you know what my dream was about? The male nurse has put some more clothes on because he was getting goose bumps on this goose bumps.

parka0201.jpg

Love you all for your warmth!

Barry, you take care of yourself! Could it be allergies? If you have buds on the trees and bushes outside it could be an allergy. Christine has experienced that for the first time this year. She had a rough couple of days and thought she had a cold. The filter on my vent protects me from being severely affected.
While I was using a bipap this time of year was horrible as I could not breathe at all all was so stuffed up I was choking and coughing all the time. It was not fun, but with the vent it is almost non-existent.

Barry, I hope you are feeling better. Perhaps as Joel suggests it is the pollen that is so prevalent this time of year. Maybe you need some Zyrtec?

Barry,

My husband has been taking an antihistamine for severe itching and his coughing attacks have become less of a problem. It very well could be your allergies.

Anyway, wish you the best...

Barry,
Happy to hear that you are feling slightly better. Sounds like allergies might be the cause. Mom used to have them badly before the vent too.

ROSE§ That kind of pic will only send his temperature UP!

OK competition time: here is a my entry:

Attachments

• marchandapril 2010 080.jpg
    marchandapril 2010 080.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 568
Rose and Iris, really....you guys make me laugh. Iris, those have to be your knees, right?

Barry hope you are feeling much better tomorrow.

Lydia

Barry, Hope you feel better soon. I agree, get the cough assist machine and a suction machine at the same time. Both help. I am afraid of colds and do everything I can to avoid them. Anyway, Hope you feel better and it does not become something serious. Watch out for the temperature.
NancyS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back