Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
Why do we bite the insides of our mouths? What is making that happen?

i think and asked my Nero, Do i bite my mouth because of the loss of muscle? Yes , he said. It is falling inward and so my teeth bite it. Mostly in the night. It does keep getting worse and worse...darn it! Now sometimes I will turn my head in the direction of the part that I am bitting so it falls outward and not inward.. So many fun strange things going on with our bodies? Hugs to you today. Linda

I had some bad cheek biting at the beginning but it is not so bad now. Of course I am not eating or chewing anything so I don't have biting problems because of that but I do bite my tongue occasionally while I'm laying in bed but nothing serious. I was told the same thing, as the cheek muscles atrophy the cheeks tend to sag inward and get in the way.

Have this problem in a big way.. Oh the joy of ALS, the disease that just keeps giving and taking lol..

quote "as the cheek muscles atrophy the cheeks tend to sag inward and get in the way."
Is that what causes the constipation, too?

Oh Irismarie, you are priceless! Thanks for that laugh, it is 4:45 am and I have been awake half the night coughing and wheezing and I sure needed a laugh.

Irismarie,
Your to much! Yea I got the saggy cheeks too! My bottom lip seems to big as well. I try to fine tune the skill of how to eat and sneeze without biting myself. What a pain in the butt! Things could be worse so I will be grateful for what I have.
Hugs
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back