Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
Oh
City
Alliance
:razz: long time no see huh. i have been working really hard on my poetry the last few weeks, and i have been in and out of town. the real reason why I’m starting this thread is because after months of hospital crap, pills, testing, and of coarse the fact that winter makes it a lot harder to walk and stand i am finally getting back to work, and putting my self on stage again. after a few months of being out of the spot light i am on bill for a slam poetry contest tomorrow night in my home town. wish me luck all. i haven’t been on stage for months so i am worried i have lost my flow. even if i am already picked to win I’m a little scared, cause i cant perform like i use to. i am going to need to sit down threw the whole thing instead of being up and really getting into it. that will be my handicap in the show. i will half to try and make up for it with my mouth by speaking faster and having more of a flow then the rest. sure hope jay z isn’t in the comp, cause then I’m done for. well wish me luck and pray i dont fall of the stage. you are all in my prayers:mad: this is me praying really hard lol

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes! I'm sure you will be just as good if not better than before!

Best of luck tomorrow! Hire a few beatniks to play sax and bongos while you recite and you'll be a shoe-in for the win!

Knock-em dead kid! I am sure that they will all be blown away.

Zaph, beatniks? Have there been beatniks since about 1965? :shock::shock:

Oh please try and video it! Then U-tube it and then post it here so we can all see! Good luck, you are gonna do GREAT!
Hugs, Kari

Good luck to you. Yes we would love to see it somehow? Linda

i will vid it, my friend is a film maker he lives in cail. we have chated a few times about making a documentry about me for when my book comes out and i get famous :). so i am making video dairys as well lol. corny i know but hey what ever makes me famous.

Well hun, you are ALREADY famous here!
Hugs, Hugs, Hugs!

Go, MM, we're all behind you

Welcome back MM and knock 'em dead tonite! Can't wait to hear the details!

You will be fabulous!

Ok so here’s how tonight went down, I read 4 poems, and the whole time the coffee shop fell silent until I was done and then the place erupted into applause. And while the 4 other poets who 3 of them had never been on stage before, and one of them was actually one of my fans, who before hand came running up to me in the parking lot, ask me if I was a performing and said he was super pumped but mad at the same time cuz now he knew he wasn’t going to win lol. The other to their poems might have been good if you could have understood them, but no one could. And yes I know I’m ranting right now but they had no stage ability and weren’t controlling their breathing at all. ( Breath control- speaking fast and fluently while breathing threw your nose and never letting the audience know your breathing.) but for some reason the judges picked the guy after me to win. And after they said it some one ask if they where listening to me when I read my poems, one of the judges had the nerve to say I went pass the 3min limit and my style wasn’t what they where looking for.
No worries tho I could care less that I lost, all I care about was how much the people liked me. Me and my friends hung out for about 20 min after the show because people keep wanting to talk to me. Even one of the judges came up and said to me that he tried to fight with the other two for 15 min about how I deserved to win cause I blew every one else away, he winked at me and said but when the guy who won is the cousin of the head judge. What can you do.
As far as the video :( when my girlfriend started to rec it my cam quit cuz the memory card was full. But after 4 or 5 people ask me to read more poems I cleared the memory card and had her rec me doing a second set. It sux because they aren’t my best three and you don’t get to hear my introduction and back story, who I am and why I write. No worries tho there will be more performance to tape and post. I will let every one know when and where I get it posted.

Last edited:
Well, you actually won you know! Who would want to win just because they are related to a judge anyway? That's not really winning. I am really proud of you, and so wish I could have been there to see it! I cant wait until you get it posted so we can all watch! Contrats kid!
~Kari

It's definitely what your hearers think that matters. I can imagine the scene and how you took them along with you. BRAVO, our Max§ .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back