Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
n"ew bed came yesterday. So wonderful! DOUBLE size! SOoooooooo comfortable. Raise feet or head and the whole thing and I just love I can raise myself up into sitting position like I am now and drink my coffee and cpnnect to you all in such comfort and no effort needed except to press a button. Busy organising that everything is at arm's reach. One trouble, when the bed raises you to sitting, you leave your bedside table out of reach. Anyway of dealing with that without having to call someone? I just LOVE it. Can yank on the rail to help myself turn over and the overhead handle helps a little/ The lowest position was still too high for me to get out of bed easily but a block of wood covered with plastic for turning soon settled that.
SPECIAL shape retaining mattress

(Did you know French for mattress is MATELAS and french for sailor is MATELOT and a friend once told a roomfull of people at a party she had had to sleep on a hard sailor all night)

So next time I moan, please rap me on the fingers and tell me just how lucky I am.
The state paid for all this
Love to all

Dear friend, sleep well on your new MATELOT!

No such luck, Barry. I have to make do with a matelas;-)

(Did you know French for mattress is MATELAS and french for sailor is MATELOT )

So next time I moan, ...
Love to all

You need a sign outside your door that says:

If this MATELAS is a rockin, dont bother knockin

and another sign below it

If the MATELOT is moaning , dont bother phoning

:razz::razz::shock:

Glen you crack me up every time! Iris marie, I can just see you pushing the buttons and going up and down on your new bed! Enjoy it dear, you deserve it!

I'm glad for you, IrisMarie! A good bed is a nice thing to have!

ijust love it and recommend those who have not done so to think about hospital beds. IU had imagined those horrible metal things, but mine has "wooden" head and footboard and is just lovely. And such fun with or without a matelot..........STOP RIGHT THERE, you wicked people!

LOL! Thank you so much for the GREAT laugh Iris and Glen! I really needed that.
Iris I hope you can stop playing with the buttons long enough to get a good night's sleep in that new bed.

I guess it comes down to , what buttons :twisted: and who is playing with them.

Remember that song from the DIVINYLS ?

Last edited:
You guys just totally crack me up! I was having such a downer day and now I am rolling! Thank you for that! Just a thought Iris Marie, what about getting a long coffee table and putting that on the side of the bed and then get one of those back scratchers to reach the things you cant reach so you can move things closer to you? Now that would only work if the other side of the bed is where you get in, not the table side. Humm....well, if you get in the bed on the other side then you would have to scootch yourself over to the side where the table is. Okay, that may be difficult....maybe that wouldnt be to "hard" for that sailor to help you?.....hahahaha...Hugs, Kari

thanks for the thoughts, Kay Marie, we got the tableside thing sorted. BElive me I am in luxury. IT did take a flying leap to get on it as it is so high and I did have a bit of trouble with the run up and it was so embarrassing when I landed on the helpful matelot but we sorted thatransfer out with a wooden brick...........not to hit the matelot with but to DO my clever transfer..

We have had to add an extra chair alongside the bed to stop my dear dog jumping up to sleep (tried menage a trois before and the bed gets so HOT) and somehow hospital beds and doghairs shouldnt be in the same sentence, so I have plenty of things to lean on and support myself and if I fall I just aim bedwards.......;;
Oh, I am SUCH a lucky person
LOve love love to all

good sleep well on it

Wonderful for you to have your luxurious new bed!

I just LOVE the humor ya'll have! Keep it comin'!

Are you still enjoying your new wide "hospital bed", Irismarie? I have a "single", with needed items placed like this: Hoyer style lift near one wall, then tables the length of the bed mostly for dvd player and books stacked all over. Next, bed. Next, hospital bed table, and in daytime, next ME in the power chair, typing on the table's laptop. It's a full room...but a fridge would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back