Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
Well, it is cold and windy and I did not feel too great and I am all alone so thought I would stay in bed this morning. OK till I needed a pee. NEver before any problem transferring bed to wheelchair but today that little bit of foot support and twist needed just was not there and I slipped to the floor. Amazing how we take gettingouselve sup for granted but how impossible when you are so damned weak. I tried for ages and ages but just got more disheartened. I saw a moment of light when I thought I would just stay there and die for the sake of ALS and all my friends - thought it might get some goodd publiciity. But I really needed that wee and my daughter is arriving tonight so the effect was spoiled/

luckilie the phone was on the bed and i managed to pull it off and ring my neightbour. No reply. Next neighbour - had burned his foot and could not move. His wife at work. Friends in the next village - we're on our way....
BUt even when they arrive it is not an easy thing to lift a dead weight off the floor and there were several no doubt amusing essays before we succeeded and then I am sure I put snot all over her lovely jumper cos I was a crybaby in her arms.
After they had gone and I was having that pee at last, the wife of the injured neighbour turned up to help, too, so that was kind. She was suppposed to be caring for th ekids in the playground at the village school and just left em.........

No damage done but does bring home the near imossibility of living alone.

Sorry I didnt pull off the magnificent gesture of dying for the cause. Have to organise it better next time

Loadzs of love

Irismarie, we don't want you to be noble, we want you to be here! Glad you are ok,
Barry

Oh Irismarie! I'm incredibly thankful you couldn't "pull off the magnificent gesture.." we need you here.

Prayers for peace and a quality care giver!
Melody

Dear Iris,
I'm very glad your phone and your friends were able to save the day... I haven't read all the thread you made about gardening, but will venture a "thought". Did you overdo yesterday by any chance? When I was losing the ability to transfer (and getting up in the morning was my weakest time), the amount of exhaustion from the previous day played heavily in my strength. Also, do you have your hospital bed yet? If not, that will really help you, as you can use the rails to hold onto as you stand up and turn into your chair.

Helplessness is not fun...not at all. However, you are too much loved here to leave us. Okay doke? To paraphrase YOU,
Much love, love, love,
Ann

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT use this moment of weakness to think that you need that skunk in your life. You got help, it did come. You will get arrangements for help. You must think positively. We all know that you can do this my dear, do not give up.
Colleen

I am eternally SOUL GRATEFUL that it was a failed noble gesture! I want you to remember this quote from Winnie the Pooh, "“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. YOU are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” I am soul looking forward to spending time with YOU in your Garden of Paradise, feasting my eyes of your growing creation, eating Cherries and Nuts from your trees, listening to the birds and music as we soak up the absolute splendor of the moment. We still have to dance and oh so many other incredible adventures! I love you and I am sooooo grateful that help is on the way. xo

Thankyou, dear friends

It feels like every day is overdone as this darned whchair is so heavy to manipulate and my arms so weak. HAd three disappointments yesterday - the power chair still a nother ten days (and not sure i believe even that now!), the nurses are overworked, have too many patients and not enough time so cannot come. (I had the prescription but had put off starting them tille I was aloone) Ditto the caring helpers who normally could come to help with showers etc. So on a waiting list of dozens. Then at last got hold of two different physiotherapists after dozens of unsuccessful telephone calls (my old one moved away) and was told the same story - they work from 8 till 8 every day and have no time for new patients............It is just crazy!

Ah well, I have yellow roses and orange hibiscus standing to be admired in my window and I can see the buds of the wisteria fattening by the minute so all's well with that part of my world.

Please dp,'t think I am complaining - just reporting in as tot he sort of fun one can have in this state

Irismarie:
We never think that you are complaining. Please keep us informed as you do. And should you ever decide to give up, I will come over there and kick your... door down.
--Scary Rat

I love how the Universe just drops wonder into my life just at the very moment that I need it! I subscribe to the Daily OM [ you can find it here DailyOM - Nurturing Mind Body & Spirit ] and this is my Horoscope for today and also my thought for the day! PERFECT :]

March 30, 2010
Capturing the Thrill
Do What Excites You

Life is too short to stay in boredom, do something today that excites you and renews your outlook on life.

Each human life has the potential to be dramatic, thrilling, and awe-inspiring. Our lives are, in truth, ours to design. Each day, we make choices that influence the character of our experiences, and our decisions determine whether our paths are rousing or tedious, breathtaking or tiresome. We can create an exciting life by simply doing what excites us whenever the opportunity presents itself. Your passions may ebb and flow, and what excites you one year may not excite you the next, but when you make excitement a regular part of your existence, life becomes more fun and more fulfilling.

If you are somebody that tends to live practically, excitement may overwhelm you at first. To ease the anxiety that prevents you from incorporating all that you find exciting into your life, acknowledge that you are alive right now in this time and every moment matters. When you choose to do more of what excites you, even if your choices requires you to make certain sacrifices, your daily life will soon be imbued with exhilaration, pleasure, and optimistic anticipation.

To understand what excites you, you may need to observe and ponder your reaction to the activities, events, circumstances, and concepts that make up your life. What makes your pulse race, what makes you want to get out of your chair and take action? Try to avoid getting too wrapped up in life’s details; their tedium may cause you to plod through your existence unaware of prospective excitement. Once you have created a substantial list of what excites you, find ways to integrate each item into your routine. You will soon find yourself riding a wave of excitement that lifts you up and makes life truly worth living. What excites you in your life?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 30, 2010
Nary A Backward Glance
Aquarius Daily Horoscope
You may be focused on the specific details of your future today as well as all you hope to become in this life. While visualizing the personality traits you wish to integrate into your being or the career success you desire, you’ll likely discover that many of your obligations are indirectly related to your future. This knowledge can aid you as you are called upon to assign priorities to your day’s duties. As you assess your long-range plans and then consider your short-term responsibilities, you can devote more time to those activities that will have an impact on your ability to fulfill your goals. Today may be the day that you truly commit to your ambitions and make their realization an important part of your daily routine.

As you focus on the future, you empower yourself to actively and consciously shape your own destiny by making everyday choices that will help you realize your ambitions. Though it is vital that we learn from past events, fixing our focus on what has been rather than what will be blinds us to the opportunities and wealth of wonders that wait for us in the future. When you concentrate wholeheartedly on what you wish to achieve, you express your intentions to the universe and increase your chances of attracting the support you need. With your objectives clear in your mind, fears born of incidents in your personal history will have no authority to hold you back. The forward-facing focus with which you view life today will help you craft the life of your dreams.

Amazing isn't it! xoxox

Boredom, what's that? I've got plenty of excitement, but not much FUN. I want some FUN!
Irismarie, I'm so sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations today. Sending good thoughts your way.

Dick

Irismarie, I am so glad you are OK. Wish I could help, noone should be alone with this. I just saw your paintings, they are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Josie

FUN FUN FUN that is what I search all the time but you need other people on the same search, dont you! There are certain kinds of fun one can have alone and quietly but I want jitterbug fun; beating everyone to the last dregs of a pun fun, laughing till I hurt fun.............;;;tho I had that yesterday watching Absolutely Fabulous. Has that found its way to the US or is it too BRitish?

BTW I just woke up and it is 19 hours. I missed the entire afternoon
DAughter arriving, yippee

Iris ~ I hope you have a glorious time with your daughter ! Don't forget to tell her about all your friends and just how much we love and admire you. I know I speak for many when I say, you bring such joy to our lives ! Blessings, Cate

Irismarie, glad you are ok and I think you deserved that nap after the morning you had.

YIPPPPEEE! Let the fun and music begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back