Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
I am being a right little show-off today. I have been out planting in pots HIBISCUS. Already in wonderful flower and I could not help but think of you who are either shovelling snow or traipsing around in mud.
Still, I envy you the mountains.
Have also planted jasmine, lavender (this used to be a lavender growing area and it grows wild in some fields), geraniums and phlox. soooooooooo exciting. HAnds still coated in compost.
I just takez it v v v slow and am content to plant up one single pot in an afternoon.... Means more fun tomorrow

We had mud but it got down well below freezing last night so it's all frozen now! And a dusting of snow on the ground. Still, it's a sunny day, if COLD, and my mood is up today. I'm looking forward to planting the wildflower hearts Liz's coworkers gave me at her memorial service on Tuesday.

that is a lovely idea to plant or sew flowers in her memory. Much better than cut flowers......HAve told my family to put me on the compost heap as I'd love to help the garden along when the time comes but as I'll be dead they will be more afraid of the system than of me so I doubt it'll happen......
I hope you have a lovely if necessarily sad time in spreading the flowers, friend. It is a wonderful th_ing to do

It says a great deal about how well they knew Liz. She loved wildflowers and she spent a great deal of time last summer "directing" the planting of the flower gardens about the house. It will be a pleasure for me to watch these flowers come up this year. I'm very glad I went to the memorial service, even if it did leave me down a bit for a day or so. They really loved her..... I hope I can leave such a legacy when my time comes.

Down the road, I want people to know what is springing up in the flower beds I started this year. I found these little copper markers for the garden, have ordered a bunch of them. All it takes is a ball point pen to write on the marker (not for the ink, but rather the pressure from the pen point engraves what one writes).

... And today I planted 5 bare root hollyhocks, (8 more to go)

Web worked on rototilling the garden today! We are going to start the tomato seeds on Monday and Rose, I LOVE Hollyhocks. They literally grow like weeds here.

As soon as I get a flower bed I'm planting cornflowers! I got a package of seeds from the ALs society. They are the flowers of ALS.

As soon as I get a flower bed I'm planting cornflowers! I got a package of seeds from the ALs society. They are the flowers of ALS.

I started some, but think they probably got washed away. I underestimated the spread of our "lake" in the back when it rains a lot. I think there is time to try again though.

On a random gardening note, when weeding the front flower beds I found the wild little violets that I love, and transplanted some to my back yard under a big maple tree. It has a lot of gnarled roots at the base of it, so I built upon those with some rocks, plopped the violets in the hollows... they are thriving, such delicate blooms. I also started some lily of the valley there, but the dog runs across that spot frequently while on "squirrel duty" and there is not a whole lot of hope for them to do much...

The big cherry tree in the front yard should be in bloom any day now, & I'll post a picture when it does :)

Johnny jump ups! I had them at my old place. They spread like crazy!

thinking of trying marijuana this year. BUT Rose if you do, better not mark them for the neighbours to see..........
I love the sound of the violets inder the trees. They will just LOVE the dogs bedding them in, believe me.......
Hollyhocks and corllflowers! Well up among my favourites, too.
Just before I got ill I had started to create a garden of remembrance in my garden, a place I called the cathedral. I had already put chairs and a table but the plan was to get plastic coated photos of my loved ones who are dead, my son, my parents and grandparents, and place them there in the garden so they could be part of the calm and the beauty. SOunds a bit kitsch, I know, but who cares. I wanted them there with me and to imagine their eyes could see where I was and love it, too. Hope I get a chance to go on with the experiment. I was hoping to paint some stained plastic glass windows and have a font/bird bath. Hope hope hope I can do some more to it. I'd certainly like to hang out there if poss when this fight is over.

or even before if the sodding electric wheel chair would materialise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back