CAHPAH

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
MO
City
Barnhart
Anyone have any experiance with this devise? My wife is scheduled to get one Monday on our doctors recomendation. I remeber it being mentioned but as that was our first visit to this clinic there was so much thrown at us I don't remember much of what was said. It appears that it is used to help keep the lungs clear. Although my wifes FVC is low she doesn't appear to have any congestion. Just thought I'd see what my new forum friends might have to say about it. Thanks.

If you use the search at the top and type in cough vest, there are a bunch of threads about them.

AL.

My wife has had one for 7 months or so, she used it for the first couple of weeks and gave up on it. We have a cough assist machine which she prefers.

Dave

Thanks Al for the tip on searching. It was some help.

Thanks Dave. I am waiting for replies from a couple other other folks who posted they where getting the vest to see what their experiences where. It would seem that most get this the same why we did, on the advise of their doctors without much information. I had no idea that this thing was so expensive. I am wondering if we should wait on getting it since my wife really does not seem to have any congestion. She does have a very weak cough but with FVC of just over 30% you kind of expect that.

We use both the cough assist and the Vest. The Vest has been used for years for children with Cystic Fybrosis. Its just an expensive way to simulate beating on the back. When we got ours, they told us we didnt have to keep it, they gave us a 2 month window to decide I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back