Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
while wearing my neck support this morning and unable to get Barry out of my thoughts, being afria d I'd be late for the marina and theboat would go without me, I wondered if for the odd occasion you would like a closed mouth, a neck support might do the trick. I have also decided I am going to cover mine in wonderful colours and embroider on them. For instance you could embroider or print "I cannot talk so please do not be surprised by the voice coming out of my back pocket" or something like that, just to get things straight. Or birds and flowers for people like me who like things fancy. I'll make the covers if anyone wants one. They could also say DOWN WITH ALS .......... but it is the colour that matters. BTW wonder if I can still embroider?
Love to all
PS NEXT WEEK GETTING HOSPITAL BED? COCOON CHAIR AND LIGHTWEIGHT PUSHCHAIR.

Had to work the pavements three nights running for that;-) sweeping up, I mean

Irismarie, thanks for the idea. In fact I think that it would be a great idea to mount some speakers into a neck support and then my "pseudo voice" would be projected from an an area near my mouth and people would look at my face rather than at my hands where my voice comes from now. I don't need neck support now and can close my jaw no problem just not my lips but it has definitely given me an idea.

And never fear mon cheri, the boat can't leave without you, there would be no point in a cruise without Brigitte.

Glad you are getting the new stuff but please stay off the streets, there are people like me driving! :grin::grin:

Barry

Irismarie, you're going full steam ahead on these new toys! Do your embroidering while you may... My hands are beginning to fumble with a needle, and cannot roll a knot anymore.

Is the neck support comfortable for you? If it means you cannot open your mouth, it doesn't sound too great. I was offered one yesterday at the clinic and was warned about my new posture. I both tilt to the side and curl forward. I'm supposed to stretch. A lot. Ok, just did one.

And what is a cocoon chair? Phil's offered to wrap me inside my chair in bubblewrap for the sake of the woodwork, but somehow, I don't think that's what you're getting.

Barry, when you have your speakers installed on your head, please have a picture taken. I think those antlers mounted on a band that goes around the head would be just the ticket... and velcro your speakers onto the antlers. If you ever need neck support and a wheelchair, you could just fasten the entire thing onto the headrest.

YEs, those antlers are wonderful. WHy dont we start a site of cool, funny but USEFUL tools fpr us handicapped. Just thought of one as I need a pee.
YOU HAVE A STRONG RUBBER POTTY that deflates flat. You position this carefully on your wheelchair seat. When you need a pee you quickly inflate the device, making sure there is enough headroom as you rise. You do your pee in peece and comfort.

Then as this is still on the drawing board stage. I need help with the next part. Maybe you go in the garden onto the compost heap and pull a plug? Nah! Must be better ideas.....

and you are right about the bad fit of my neck support, I think. I wwas wondering why there were no holes for breathing through

Irismarie, you always know how to put a smile on my face! I am thinking that you would need a holding tank on your wheelchair but how to pump it out into the toilet?

I have this alarming but very amusing vision of you and your neck support and the need for breathing holes! I hope that you get a good fit soon!

Iris Marie, this is the ultimate , in your face , accessory that will make a statement to your friends and neighbors. Even those idiot doctors will give you the respect you deserve.

Attachments

• hl.jpeg
    hl.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6,670
I've heard of "Hannibal the Cannibal" but how about "Iris the Irresistible", or "Iris the Irate" :shock::shock:

I vote "Iris the Irresistible", and doggone, I wish I could remember my high school French. I couldn't READ about your coccon chair. I hope it fits nicely and you can rig up a "holding tank". I want a chair... that converts into a toilet, also a carwash style shower and a bed. Then I can go everywhere and do whatever I feel like doing. And there won't be any switches to keep me safe! I'll be able to turn into a BBQ basket to go through the car wash. Go, Iris! The Invincible!

there you go! Such wonderful inventions. I just LOVE that mask. Where did you get yours? they do mail (geddit?) order

Iris, we do have a site for cool gadgets and tips. Your pee thing I believe we would have to put in the jokes thread until the patent comes through.

AL.

OH dear, I must be made differently from other women..there is no way I could pee via the opening of my (normal) jeans standing up or not.
That is just weird.....Disappointing. I think it is only in the sex shops we are going to find an answer to this problem. Who is going to be the brave volunteer to ask?
And I am SO childish I deserve a smack. Could not resist looking at the SIZE CHART FOR EXTERNAL MALE CATHETERS.
IT is clearly a site that must be a godsend but I cannot see how that could work for me, at least, though thank you so much for the link

well....my daughter has something very similar to the above for her outdoor life of camping, skiing, hiking etc and she says it works like a charm and loves it! She said the first time she used "it" she was terrified thinking that she would pee all over herself but not a drop went anywhere but where it was suppose to go :] lolol I would think that it would be a great aide for woman PALS as long as they still had the use of their arms/hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back