Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
NE
City
Lincoln
In my house, I can get my wheelchair within 2 steps of the toilet. Had bad diarrhea this morning. Now, wife is in dialysis all morning, so all alone here. I made it to the toilet the first time, but got one step from my wheelchair the second time, and lost it. All over me, down legs and all. Knees got wobbly, and I knew if I didn't sit down quick, I was going to be on the floor. Quickly grabbed a towel, threw it on the wheelchair seat, and sat back down. I hope the towel is keeping it from going into the Roho cushion. Waiting until wife gets home to help with cleanup. This is ugly..... I DO NOT want to start wearing diapers....

Anybody else lose it this bad and have to wait to get it cleaned up? I can already tell I'm going to be broke out in rash.

Perry

Perry, so sorry, that is awful. I had a similar episode and I am still walking but just not fast enough. I was outside in the yard in the winter and by the time I was able to get inside and get stripped of my winter clothes it was too late. Well, ALS is truly shitty and I was not feeling too happy at the time but it all cleans up so I hope your wife gets home soon to help you. No rash I hope.

Perry, you are not alone. I am not able to do anything for myself and have to wait for others to get me in the bathroom, put my sling on, connect the lift motor and then transfer me to the toilet. With weakened muscles sometimes we don't make it, and that is without having diarrhea. It will be an impossible situation with it! LOL
I sympathize.

bUT REMEMBER JUST how much we love our babies when we they do the same thing. But poor you: I bet we have nearly all had similar if not the same experiences. There is no other word but Barry's; Well, there are other words to describe this filthy disease but they might upset some people if I used them here. Love you even when you're smelly;-) and I depend pn you yto do the same for me

when it is diarrhea no one can controll been there my self ..

Perry, I did have to go the diaper route. Calmoseptine works great on the rash... or on a sore spot. I haven't had to use the diaper for bowel movements yet. I researched like crazy for the right types of food and seemingly have myself trained pretty well. But your experience seems inevitable and just a matter of time. As for all things embarrassing and gross, the first time is the hardest... and besides that you find out who your true friends are!:shock:

perry, that happen to me and my son was the only one here. he panic and he tried to clean me and my mess but couldnt. embarrass or not he called my neighbor and she was a life savor. shit happens

Cukita, that phrase was just the right moment, just the right place. I think that our motto should be "SHIT HAPPENS"
Hope all is well and the bad moment has passed.

LOve to everybody, espeically the carers who deal with sucsh times. So much love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back