FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
She is determined it cannot be ALS because
1) there is so little muscle wastage.
é) She saw no fasciulation

No listening to the fact that tho there is still muscle it is nothing like it was or t the fact that I have fascifcultaions all over almost all the time. Of cours not when she was there.
The fact that the bone marrow has deteriorated so quickly from nothing wrong to much wrong now, she does not understand (she shçould read the ALS pages) and is sending me to a& neuro surgeon, the LAST thing I want. So more emg TESTS anad still no diagnosis.
I really feel at the end of fighting
I used to feel I was surrounded by spirits who made me laugh and feel joy and the love of making others laugh. I now just feel defeated.
Partly my own fault.
I took back the "violent" carer who promised to give up his dope and who has done so for two months. think. But I found a bottle of whisky jhidden by his bed - this on top of the beer he drinks every night.
I just could not cope with the facts of living alone and being helpless. HE has been wonderful but broke last night and pushed me on to the concrete floor and left me there refusing to pick me up for at least half an hour, tho I was crying and begging him to help me. HE even took photographs to amuse himself at my helplessness
I feel finished, dead, I do not knoiw what. I cannot cope alone but he is so unstable and I am getting so much worse cos of the constant stress. IN any case no matter what I say he refuses to go and I can do nothing.
Forgive me for moaning.

You need to call the police. This is dangerous, and you are being abused, and that is against the law EVERYWHERE! Please do something. HUGS Lori

Iris Marie, I am so tempted with an airline ticket machine next to me to hop a plane and take care of that A** hole! If I had the money darlin, he should be running for the hills! He better watch it, if I win the lottery he will have some serious problems with me! My lord hun, he needs to GO! What he did to you is INEXCUSABLE! All I can imagine is you laying on the floor, it's bringing me to tears. I know you dont want to be alone hun, but alone is better than being abused anyday. Lori is right, if he wont go, call the police. Get a restraining order so he cant come back. (I am sure that in France abuse is the same as it is here) I know how these people work from personal experience hun, and I know he will be all, "Im so sorry, I promise I will never do it again" bla bla bla It's so tempting to listen to them, because you dont want to be alone, and you still care about them, but ya gotta care about yourself first! You are just to sweet of a person, this just cannot happen to our sweet Iris Marie!
Second, about the doctor. Ohhhhhh, could this be because of the medical insurance there? I know we have problems like that here with trying to get a diagnosed with the military because they dont want to pay for it. If you have choices hun, just go to another doctor. There are horrible doctors everywhere, but there are also really nice ones too. YOU deserve better! I know that you dont want to have to start over, but this doctor isnt working out. If you stayed with the doctor you have now = more tests. New doctor who is nicer = more tests anyway.
I am so worried about you hun, please PLEASE keep us posted on how you are doing!
All my love and hugs,
Kari

iris marie, do your children know what is going on with your carer? do you have friends to talk to? you said you have help coming in, tell them what is happening. this must stop. i am so worried about you.

would you mind if i put you on our churches prayer chain? it's what we can do from far away...pray, alot

love you dear iris marie

IrisMarie,

You're not "moaning"!

No matter what your life circumstances are, nothing justifies abuse ~ physical or emotional. Call the police or a social service and have him removed! Once you gain some distance from him again, you'll be amazed to remember you'd let him have another chance.

Do not accept staying in a situation like this!

I too wish I could get there! We'd get rid of him in short order, and now be sitting on your wonderful terrace looking out over that calming garden oasis you've created! What about your daughter? What is the time frame for her arrival?

About your neuro visit, even though fasciculations are present for most people with MND, they are not used as criteria for diagnosis. However, I am curious about the mention of bone marrow deterioration. If you are showing changes with this, it very well could point away from ALS. (Anyone who understands about the bone marrow connection (or not) please jump in here. )

Before, when talking about your EMG results, you'd said that it showed your nerves were "dead". However, typically with a MND, the results show nerve death, but also and ongoing process of re-innervation. at least in the beginning of the disease. In other words its a chronic as well as active merry-go-round of the cycle.
Hang in there! I'm sending you warm hugs, and also a big helping of "stand up for yourself" (figuratively) karma.

Hi Iris,Please get rid of that carer before he kills you,Call the police & please don't let anyone treat you this way it is inhumane.God Bless.
Sharon

IrisMarie, I echo Rose's comment on you not moaning. I'm sorry you are having such a time with this fellow (whom I refuse to call a man).

I'm hoping for better things to come your way!

Iris Marie, I am heartbroken at your delima but agree with the rest of the folks who have posted, you have to get rid of this idiot who is abusing you, he is worse then useless. Unfortunatly there is not much I can do from half a world away. Know this, I am very concerned about you and will being praying that God brings someone into your life that will give you the loving care you so richly deserve.

Jim

i thank you all for your love and support. As expected he is still here and being kind and helpful tho hehas not apologised. I am lost. I should not complain if i do not act but I am so so so tired of it al. I promise to keep my phone by me and call the police if it happens again (last time i had fallen in transferring from toilet to chair and was trying to inch my way to the phone in the kitchen. He left me there for ages then when he had gone out I had decided to end it all and was trying to get out with a bag of medication and a bottle of whisky/ HE CAME BACK as i was trying to get out the door as I cannot move but an inch at a time. iiwas hoping - god knows how - to drive to the woods and be alone . SO THat was when he pushed me to the floor again. he even came back and took photos. I am tired tired tired. But i nedd him to take me to appointments and make the fire and cut wood. So I wait one more time forgive me for I know I am doing wrong. I will find a way out of this
Forgive me
I shall now think of something funny, I promise you

Oh sweetie, dont they have caregivers in France that are covered by insurance? You do NOT have to ask for forgiveness! You are in a tough situation my luv. But, you are living "in" it and we are looking at it from the outside. I know you know he has to go, but I think it would be easier for you if you had a back up caregiver there for you. Something funny? Well, I was at work at my travel agency yesterday, I found your town, I found that I could fly to Toulouse today round trip for 1400.00. (yes I know its still 90 minutes from where you are) I even found a small home in your town to rent. The only thing I was missing was the money to pay for it, and a baseball bat! What could we do for you hun? Is there any agencies that are close that can give you a caregiver that wouldnt possibly harm you? Do you have a close neighbor you can call in case of emergency? Hun, dont kid yourself, he will be a nicey nice for now but I guarantee you it WILL happen again! You are in danger. How can I help you? How can we help you?
All my Love and Hugs, Kari

hey, you dont need to pay a rent. Just come and stay with me. Anyone and everyone.
This man is fighting his own demons. Cannabis and alcohol for 20 years without a break and now come off it in order to help me. It cannot be easy. But I am amm tpp aware I am like the battered wives I have never been able to understand - except that I NEED the physical help just to move.
I have listened to you and I am going to make an appointment with social services next week to see what they can come up^with. I need to be HAPPY. It is my normal and natural way to be and I can oveorcome the horror of the illness but not this other horror. Now you MUST excuse me for talking of it. I never shoulmd have but you know how when you are ar=t the and of your tether the rope unrolls. Sounds like mixed metaphotrs and I am sure I can do better than that:
I am smiling dear friends, becausqe of your love and your forgiveness

Oh hun, I am glad you are going to make that appointment. Please know that there are NO judgments here from me. I lived with a man like that a long long time ago too. I know you are a kind heart, and I know that you still care for him. Only someone who has been through that themselves can relate to that. I would so love to stay with you! I am so glad you reached out to us, we are all here for you hun. Can you explain to social services that this is an emergency? You need help NOW hun.
Love and Hugs, Kari

Irismarie, I am so sorry that you have to be going through this. I have never understood how anyone can be so cruel (I don't care about self induced demons, I doubt if anyone forced him to smoke dope or drink) so I have no sympathy for him at all.

I am glad that you are looking into getting some real help. Something I have started doing is carrying my cordless phone in my pocket in the house so that if I have to call for help I don't have to get to the phone. Maybe that would work for you too, I don't know but I am so worried about you. Please take care of yourself and don't do anything that we will regret.

I am here if you need someone to talk to

Barry

Je t'aime aussi cher Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back