Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich with mayo and pepper!

Last edited:
sniff sniff this makes me soul sad... sniff sniff now I have to go and blow my nose. I don't think I will ever eat another BLT.

Please have one for me Kay Marie, I will enjoy it! It wasn't my intention to make anyone sad, I just want to put my fantasies out there so that they get out of my head. If anyone wants to join me please feel free.

WOW, Barry, that brings back memories. It has been years since I have had one of those. I can taste it right now! Too bad we will never be able to actually enjoy one, I sympathize my friend!

I think I will miss having a nice juicey BBQ'd steak (Rib Eye) with all the trimmings. As we approach BBQ season I am already thinking about this!

Do you realize what you have started? LOL.

think about the melted butter dripping down your chin, the contrast of textures between the crispy bacon and the soft bread and butter, the freshness of the tomato, the unctuous consistency of the mayonnaise, the hot spiciness of the pepper and the coolness of the lettuce..........
There, you never suspected I had a nasty, sadistic side, did you!

(had a crap day so taking it out on my best friends)

Irismarie, all I can say is "OH MY"! I hope you have a better day tomorrow but any time you want to torment me go ahead! :-D:-D

Wow tha was way to creative Iris..... I want a good steak too .. big baked pot with all the trimmings.. Abig hot roll with lots of butter. ohh darn.. Time to put the soup on...lol Love you guys..smile!

irismarie, I could literally feel the butter dripping off my chin! Yummy!

oh no this breaks my heart for you guys has to be so hard ..

Lobster! Nice, juicy lobster dipped in melted butter! As I bring the fork with the tasty, drenched morsel to my mouth, the butter from it falls onto my lips then dribbles down my chin. I stick my tongue out (because I still can...) to catch the dripping butter.

Oh, I'm in heaven!

Last edited:
Here is an idea posted on PLM by Madryn that I would really love to see become reality

Meal in a drop.
My new invention
For people with motor neurone disease, the ability to eat and drink is often affected.
Usually this starts with difficulty chewing and swallowing. The person will start to choke
on food and liquids and find that finishing a meal takes longer and longer. Eventually the
ability to eat and drink can be lost, partially or entirely. If an alternative method of feeding
is not found, the person can lose weight, become malnourished or die.

The most common solution to this is to have a PEG fitted. A peg is feeding tube which is
inserted surgically through the abdomen into the stomach. It is a routine operation and
the PEG user can wash and even swim as usual. Liquid feeds and medicines can then
be administered through the PEG, ensuring the person has adequate water and
nutrition. This is all brilliant and the MND person doesn’t have to starve to death unless
he particularly wants to, but all is not rosy in the PEG user’s garden.

Eating is an important part of our daily lives. Eating is often very pleasurable, the tastes
of the food and drink giving us great enjoyment. It is also a social activity, the sharing of
a meal with others. All this is lost to the PEG user who cannot eat. There is no taste in
his world, except for maybe the gravy. He sits there at the meal with nothing to do.
Luckily I have invented ‘Meal in a drop’ my exciting new invention.
My idea is for a new product for the PEG user consisting of carefully produced flavours
in liquid form, to be put on the tongue as a droplet or sprayed into the mouth with an
atomiser. Modern culinary science has fairly recently become extremely sophisticated
and is quite capable of producing the essence of say, deep fried cod, or of chips with salt
and vinegar.
Imagine your meal, your carer puts a droplet on your tongue;
Oh, its garlic bread - a starter, lovely! Another droplet - olives. The next drop is pizza,
then your carer asks, “would you like pepperoni on that?”, another drop, “pineapple”,
drop, and so on. Perhaps a glass of wine, drop.

Think of the possibilities, what shall I have for breakfast today? Maybe bacon and eggs,
no, I think I will have fresh mango with a twist of lime. Oh, and while you’re there I’ll have
a coffee, black with two sugars please.
It would be cheap to produce, because the quantities would be tiny. You could package
it in those plastic sachets they use for ketchup in restaurants.

Lets get this made. I’m still eating at the moment, but my PEG operation is
booked for May and I want lobster on my birthday.

Patrick Joyce 19/3/2010

And there was also a link for a flavour spray, the link on the website doesn't work but there is a phone number.
David Burke Products: Flavor Sprays

it seems so obvious!but how can we pàut the textures into bottles?

Irismarie, you have voiced my question! Eating is a complete sensory experience involving not only taste but aroma, texture and the feel of the food in our mouths, the sight of the food on the plate and in some cases the sound as we crunch into something like an apple or a stalk of celery.

So as I'm sitting in my chair pouring my formula into my peg listening to the glug, glug, glug, smelling the appealing (?) vanilla aroma, feeling the shape of the box in my hands (and nothing in my mouth), watching the formula go in and tasting nothing, I am imagining a crunchy Caesar salad, followed by a thick and gooey hot pepperoni pizza, a glass of nice red wine and some hot apple pie for desert.

What a dreamer!
Bon appetit everyone

Barry

You would think they could put a little flavor strip on the container of formula. You know, a sealed strip on top labeled "Fried Chicken and Okra," or "Beef Bourguignon." Then have the can of formula actually smell like it's labeled. Pop the strip in your mouth and enjoy your meal down your tube!

Of course, that would make eating more enjoyable and here in the states Medicare doesn't want you to "enjoy."

Ahh ... something off the BBQ .

Like Rib-eye steak, baked potato, and broccoli

Yes, I can still taste it. (supper last nite) It took me a while, and the steak was cubed smaller than sugar cubes. Yes, I went full cannibal and gnawed on the bone.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back