09/2007
Country
US
State
WI
City
Madison
Hi,

I need to rent a wheelchair accessible van to get home from Chicago airport (ORD) to Madison, WI. I haven't found any shuttle service which can help, so do PALS or CALS from chicago area have any recommendations on which rental company to use?

Nishant

Nishant, maybe Kari aka "blubear" our forum family member that is also a travel agent can assist you? Send her a private message :] Are you glad to be returning? I hope that your trip was fabulous and gave you tons of magnificent memories!

Hi Nishant! I sent myself an email at work about what you need. I am a travel agent, and will be back to work on Monday. I will see what I can find for you hun! When are you traveling?
Hugs, Kari

Hi again Nichant....Well, I did some checking for you, even called the local companies there and the wheelchair accessible taxi vans, but nobody will go as far as Madison WI. I called my office and checked, why aren't you just connecting into Madison? It is several hundred miles from Chicago you know. I checked to see how much it would be for just a one way ticket from Chicago to Madison and it was over 500.00, but if you book a round trip and dont use the return portion its just 271.40. American Airlines is the major carrier between those cities. As far as your international ticket, did you check with the airline to see if they have any special "add on" fares to get you all the way to Madison? When I was checking fares for you I just guessed that you were traveling in April to get those prices. Sorry I cant be of anymore help to you, but if you have any other questions, just PM me!
Hugs, Kari

Wow Kari! That is just soooo nice of you to do all of that checking :]

Tis in my blood, and if you through in someone with ALS you have my full heart!

I did not have any idea For wheelchair accessible van rental But I can Help You In Travel Rental.

Is it possible to take the one wheelchair accessible van as far as they will go and then transfer to another one in that city to finish the trip? I know it sounds like a hassle but is it a possibility?

Oops, just looked at the date of the original post. Sorry! Does anyone know if he found a way?

I know he made it home, but I have no idea how he made it. It was the whole crossing state lines that was a huge problem....

nichant,
I have used wheelchair getaways. They drop off and pick the van up.
Hope this works

Curetime

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I live in Toronto and I was looking for a handicap van.
I need to know how much they cost for rental and where I can find one.
Can anyone please help me.

They do have a Toronto location. Don't know how much a rental would be but it's worth a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back