Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
Oh
City
Alliance
So back in the days before I was sick I was very spontaneous, I would just up and do what ever I wanted when ever I wanted. it’s the price of having a punk rock life style lol. But now that I have been sick I don’t take that many risks, but fri night when I picked up my lady friend from work she hoped in my car with a big grin on her face. Needless to say I knew she had something big to say. “ now before you say no, let me finishing telling you how great this idea is,” she blurted out before her door was shut. So I said “let me brace myself”,
“no Time for that” she said. “ there is no time cuz we are getting on the high way going to the best place on earth New York City!
(chuckle) “We are huh”
“yes, our trip starts as soon as you and your pretty little head can get a bag packed”
“and why are we doing this”
“cause I’m a women, its valentines weekend and I get what ever I want that’s why”
“you going to ask my parents”
“your 22, don’t ask tell.”
(chuckle) “my house doesn’t work that way darling, plus I don’t think I can walk all over the city like I used to”
“are you handicapped or are you handicapable”
So after a 20 min car ride back to the house she swayed me into the idea. For one, one of my fav punk bands were doing a reunion show in time square after being broken up for years. don’t tell her but that’s what sealed the deal for me, I told her it was cuz she was a princes and I couldn’t say no to her. So at 11pm on Friday night we hit the road on a 9 hour trek to my bros apt in queens. We got there at 9am sat and passed out on his couch.
My biggest fear of the whole trip was falling and being walked on by fast pace new yorkers, but I only fell once :). getting out of the car when I first got there, luckily for me I’m good at falling and didn’t hit my head on the side walk. I was told after getting up when I hit the ground. I was roughly 3’’ from landing in a pile of dog poo lol. Luck is my lady. I got some great coffee awesome backed goods, and for the show. I got my face melted by one hardcore punk show. My girl is so good to me. See she hates punk rock but she knows it comes second only to her and how much I love it so she puts up with me and my punk rock cuz she loves me, and she knew I wouldn’t have been able to go to that show with out her help, or even new york to see my bro with out her aid. Best weekend so far. im sure i can top it tho

Sounds like alot of fun! Except the fall allmost in the dog poo......

YEAH FOR THE 2 OF YOU! Way to go :]

Way to go Max and way to go Max's lady friend! Sounds like a great time and it is good to get your face melted every so often. Just shows what we can do with a little help from our friends!

Last edited:
Max, I'm so happy to hear that you had an awesome time in my favourite city! It's a damn good thing you didn't fall in that pile of poop... it's a pet peeve of mine (no pun intended) when dog owners don't pick up after their pooches. It gives all of us a bad name! Anyway I'm really glad you had so much fun with your lovely girl.

So did you take any pictures?

Excellent! I love and miss NYC. Sounds like your lady friend knew just what you needed! Better than any medicine.

Way to celebrate the moments and LIVE! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

yea i took a few pics not many i will put them up

Way to live Max.--JK

yeay, yeay, yeay! What a friend to have!

so my pics from the trip wont post, not sure why. but they are all on my facebook. look me up, my Name is Devan Ott, i think im the only one on there

Hi Max, I am so happy for you. I think your girlfriend rocks. What a wonderful date. Yes, keep the memories coming. enjoy life everyday as long as you can and in any way you can. Hugs, l

MM
Coming from a household of muscians I can only imagine how cool it was to hear road trip! And then to see your favorite band, she must be a sweetie! So glad you had an awesome time. I will ck pic's out on FB.

Judy

awesome...you took a bite out of the big apple! i love new york...but it needs to warm up a little.

Hi Max. Great that you could make the trip. Your pics were probably too large. The site has a max. size of 87kb. If you need a resizer site, let me know.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back