Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ca.
City
Nevada City
Hi friends,
I got my appointment with UCSF ALS Clinic in only a week, when they finally called.
I was excited so soon. The app is wed the 10th, EMG is at 8:30 then the Dr at 10:00.
We are going to take our Miata sports car because we can go in the car pool lane that way. We are 3 hours away. My nerves can't handle hardly any stress of not getting there on time. At my own Nuero Dr, the EMG really hurt my arm. I'm thinking they are going to do my leg. Not looking forward to the pain afterwords.

Thanks for listening
Bindy

Hello Bindy,

I go to the UCSF ALS Clinic and they are very good. The EMG at UCSF was less painful then the one given by my local guy. I see Dr Lomen-Hoerth a well know ALS researcher. I hope all goes well.

Regards
Ken

My son goes to the Forbes Norris ALS Clinic, Sutter Pacific Medical Group in San Francisco. They're relly good there but sometimes it's like he's in/out and they're on to the next one. All his symptoms blend into their other patients progression. Which is annoying.

I hope your emg goes well and the parking lol. Be sure to get your parking ticket validated, if necessary.

SO glad you are going to see people who know what they are talking about. EMGs are HORRIBLE but the pain does not last.
Good luch and lots of love

HI Bindy--

Good luck on your appointment and EMG. Hopefully, it will turn out normal and point away from ALS. Try not to tense up during the EMG-- I think that may make the pain worse. I tried to go into Zen relaxation mode and really did not find the test (on both legs and an arm) to be so much painful as uncomfortable. I thought the NCV portion, where they give you little shocks, was worse than the EMG. But neither was intolerable by any means.

Wishing you well----

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back