Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
MI
City
Iron Mountain
my name is jeffp i was diagnosed aug09 im dealing with it ok but was wondering how others have been dealing with this. and what meds and supplements they take to help with the progression of als .

Jeff, welcome to the forum but I am really sorry about your diagnosed. You sound like a strong positive man and that will definitely take you far. The things that helped my dad the most were keeping his weight up and keeping a very positive attitude and enjoying life to the fullest.

I am sure you will get lots of great advice here... the people on this forum are totally amazing!

Rosella

thank you for responding any help out there is appriated thanks again thelma

i write alot, my poems keep me sain. i can block the whole world out when i try to be robert frost thinking about feelings and watching a plastic bag blow around in the wind, maybe skip some stone and stare a tree that i think looks like a hand. lol and my sense of hummur helps alot as well. there is nothing in the world i cant make funny

Hi Jeff, I was diagnosed in August 09 too. It's hard, isn't it. Fortunately I am not too badly affected yet and I am still working, it keeps me busy. Plus I am trying to learn as much as I can about the disease and all the treatments. There are a lot of ideas out there but unfortunately what works for one person does not necessarily work for someone else. Lately I am reading a lot about stem cell treatments, they are really getting going this year and maybe some of them will work. It is good to see that there are new ideas being tried.

Hi Jeff, sorry about your diagnosed. but welcome. If you look in the blogs section, Mike27 has a pretty extensive list of supplements that he takes. Don't know if they help but he's been around quite a while so can't be doing musc harm. Use the search feature above as well.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back