What is a man if he cannot speak
to softly whisper a loved one’s name or to shout it from a mountaintop
to recite poetry
to sing badly
to talk, “Look Ma, no hands!”
to express emotion in a word
to quickly say the first thing that comes to mind

What is a man if he cannot eat
flavourless, no spicy, no tangy, no sweet and sour, no just like mom used to make
textureless, no crunchy, no gooey, no snap, crackle or pop
aromaless, no smell of fresh baked bread and roast turkey
no hot, no cold
no “Here honey, try this. It’s really good”
no favourite food
no bacon double cheese, no deep dish, no over easy, no rare, medium, or well done
no wine and hors d’oeuvres
no five star restaurant, no greasy spoon
no ice cold ale, no hot buttered rum
simply sustenance in a bottle, poured into a tube
all good, no bad

What is a man if he cannot speak
What is a man if he cannot eat
He is a man

Last edited:
Definately food for thought, as they say.

AL.

Mmmmphft Mmmmpfht {{hear hear in ALS speak}}

Ramble away Barry, that was excellent.

A man is not his voice, he is his heart and mind!

Barry, Thanks! I enjoyed that!

OK, so as a PALS wife, those are the things I can't let myself think about. We are here.

Barry you are an awesome man, a deep thinker and you have a creative soul. I still hear you...
Thank you for sharing your inner thoughts. It breaks my heart and moves me and fills me with admiration all at once.

Your friend,
Rosella

Right on ... and well done. I think you have found a new voice ... maybe your real voice ... and one that you might not have discovered otherwise?

Keep rambling.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Beth you are right, I am sure that I would have rather not discovered this "new voice" but like everyone else here I am being forced to adapt to my new reality. I seem to have these random thoughts (and yes MOST of them are "clean" random thoughts) in the middle of the night.

Colleen, thanks, that is exactly what I was trying to say. My heart and mind is still struggling to find a new way.

Hunger comes in many forms, some related to food but just as much a hunger for answers, for knowledge, and for expression. Yes I am hungry for all of these things, that is why I am here. Still ramblin! :cool:

Keep on Ramblin man.(isn't that a song?)

Definately food for thought and profoundly moving...you are such a man :]

love you, BARRY

Powerful, thought provoking, soul stirring words. Barry, your "ramblings" are beautiful!

Berry, I am so glad you are hereon this forum... I love what you wrote and I sure hope you keep on sharing your deep thoughts. We all understand and appreciate.. Hugs, L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back