Diagnosis
02/2007
Country
US
State
PA
City
McEwensville
I am working on a new piece of software and need some feedback. If you're interested and willing please contact me to download the latest release under Software and give it a try. Please report any bugs, ideas or feedback in the AAC forum.

Note that this is software in development and most likely will have issues. It requires Windows with .Net Framework 3.5.

Last edited by a moderator:
EXCELLENT, thanks for doing this!

Jeff, I would be a tester if I understood what to do with it?!

At this point I'm just looking for feedback. Is it usable? Does it error? I like X, I hate Y, would like to see Z.

testing ...

Click on can button - can
Click on I button - cI an
Click on Have - cIhave an

s/b at end of line after each click

when I click on STOP , it runs through the text that was entered , not stopping until complete

I think STOP should STOP when pressed

is this going to be setup for a touch screen ?

If you want portability , I think it should work easily without a mouse. Like an IPOD or mobile phone ?

Glen

maybe a repeat button. After speak ends , the text is cleared. It would be nice not to enter in the text a second time if someone goes "HUH ?"

I'm working on it now and will post a new version when fixed.

I have Stop set to finish sentence, but good point, stop should stop.

My target right now is the PC. This would work on a touchscreen PC but the IPod with Proloque2Go is a better solution for portability. My eventual goal is speed.

If you go to Edit - Show History it will show what you've spoken in the past. If you click on one and hit Speak it will repeat it. Good enough?

I'm working on it now and will post a new version when fixed.

If you go to Edit - Show History it will show what you've spoken in the past. If you click on one and hit Speak it will repeat it. Good enough?

Hmmm .. if speed is what you want , 4 clicks is too much , especially when agitated . One click for repeat last spoken makes more sense

I know , no room - so , have the speak button repeat itself if nothing entered.

ie: type something - click on speak
box clears
click on speak again - repeat last spoken
type something new - click on speak

Glen

Good idea. I'm trying to integrate an issue tracker in with my source control but as soon as that's done consider it implemented.

New version with fixes and additions available. Please give it a try and let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Repeat works great !

Stop does not stop.

Go into phrases , expand medical , click on als. click on speak . Try to stop it ... Just like your mother in law , doesnt know when to shut up. lol

Pause / resume works , sometimes quickly , sometimes not.

If you click anything when paused , it inserts it at beginning of text. Should it be at the end ?

Are you going to be able to program custom phrases in the F1 - F12 function keys ?

Glen

If you are going to be able to program function keys , make them auto speak ...

Imagine the power - one key to tell your MIL or unwanted family member to shut the hell up ...

Just to be clear , I love my mother in law. We have been close since before I knew Wanda.

Oh .. hear is a good one.

Play a long sentence , and then press pause.

If you change the sentence and press speak - it continues with old message when done with old msg , the new message plays.

I think I would want the new sentence to stop the old and play new right away.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back