Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Monday was the year 4 anniversary. Thought someone might like to see where Sean and I did our latest ash-scattering. We always try to pick places Larry liked or would like. This was in the latter category. We climbed up a muddy trail, picked a good lookout and an angle toward the water. I've included a bonus sunset pic from near the same spot.

Best,
Laurie

Attachments

• IMG_20181112_165219955.jpg
    IMG_20181112_165219955.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20181112_163457478_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20181112_163457478_HDR.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 337
So beautiful! It looks like a perfect place!

How lovely and peaceful. A beautiful place to remember. B.

You picked a nice spot. Thank you again for the idea of spreading the ashes in multiple scenic places. We transformed it to flower seeds, a proxy for the ashes which is not allowed to roam freely in Germany. Myself and friends started at the funeral and now there'll hopefully soon be blue flowers blooming in Stuttgart, Leipzig, Berlin, Barcelona, Southern France, Paris, the Black Forest and any other place deemed beautiful by my PALS friends and me.

Beautiful idea thank you

Laurie - what a beautiful place for Larry.

Wish - what a wonderful idea.

How beautiful a spot and thought. Thinking of you, Kate

Laurie, what a lovely thing to do. You picked the perfect spot. Thanks for sharing this.

Sharon

Laurie,

That spot was so peaceful and beautiful. Larry was so very fortunate to have your dedication for such a long time. You are really a special person.

So beautiful!

Laurie, how beautiful--both the place and the act.

Becky

Beautiful Laurie. Thank you for sharing. I didn't know you were doing this (spreading Larry's ashes over the years at different, well-loved places) - but that is kind of what I started doing with Dave's ashes. There were a few very well loved places that Dave and I traveled to and I am scattering his ashes a bit at a time at those favored places, as well as on our much loved property that we shared for 34 years.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Yes, to clarify, Larry's ashes first made the trip to his memorial service in Houston, our hometown, despite TSA's skepticism [fortunately, we were wise enough to bring them in the labeled container], then Sean did a road trip the summer after to some of Larry's haunts across the country. He took a photo everywhere he scattered ashes, from the beach in Cali to downtown Madison, to railroad tracks in a small Texas town, and also gathered some soil or sand from each spot, to remember later.

Since then, we've been doing the every-year thing.

Wish, so glad you guys did the flower seeds, and Buckhorn and all who are "spreading the love," may your paths be clear.

Best,
Laurie

4 years, and you have become someone who supports all of us here, i didnt know if i could have made it without u guys, i get so emotional thinking all of you. Strong hugs for me for always dealing with my fears and being patience with me. You are a gem and may god gives yoy everything u wish of u deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back