Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
Made some new friends in 2017. They are kind, happy, positive people....and yes several are male. It is so good to matter again, to laugh, to go out for adult time...I am reclaiming myself. 2018 is going to be a good year.

Steph,

I am so happy for you and am certain Steve would be as well.

Good for you, Goose!!

I am so glad you are reclaiming your life. You give me hope!

Your post gives me hope. Thank you!

Great stuff Steph!

Steph,

You deserve happiness and love. I hope 2018 presents you with many great days, some surprises, and lots and lots of kindness and love.

Great to have you stop by, Steph, and happy for your new circle!

Best,
Laurie

Wonderful!

Someday I hope my wife is where you are. It is a great inspiration to read your post.

Steve

Thank you all for your support. It has been a long road mentally. My new male friends, my new female friends are so positive. I am developing new hobbies....Julien is also.

One thing that is our goal for 2018 is to finish putting our lives on a healthy path. We have made progress but still have some work to complete.

We are travelling and enjoying new activities. Whitewater rafting, tree top climbing, hiking...a more adventurous nature driven life.

Almost 2 yrs post ALS I feel like we are truly healing and rebuilding.

Steph such wonderful news. I’m so very happy for you and Julian as well.

Hugs,

Sue

That sounds good. How nice of you to post this here. Spread the love!

Thanks for dropping by and very pleased that life , love and happiness is coming back into your lifexxxxxxxGem

Steph,

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for you... and, also, for Julian. You prove that today's "normalcy" is not necessarily what is in store for our tomorrows. In crisis, I am as optimistic and positive as one can be... or so I have convinced myself. Yet, as I ponder the aftermath of life with Darcey having moved on, I have visions of segregating myself and becoming aloof. I currently suspect that in seclusion, I will again find myself... and if worthy, will be reborn. And yet that is so dis-joined from the person that I've been for 63+ years. Because of your strides, I am encouraged to not worry... to believe that tomorrow will be what it will be, if only I'll be open and receptive to what yet lies ahead of me... and that I will find peace, joy and the good that is yet to come.

Thank you... and my VERY BEST to you!

Jim

Congratulations on all your accomplishments -- they are vey large. It is nice to hear that you are able to move on and find some happiness after ALS. We are still struggling here ... my daughter has chronic illness which we are trying to get under control so it is really nice to read that you have found an enjoyable life post ALS. I hope all who have lost loved ones continue to heal in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back