Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
AUS
State
Wa
City
Kendenup
Hello dear friends. I thought that I would send my warmest wishes to you all on this first day of 2018.
I have been absent from this forum as I have been trying to get on with living after Jim lost his battle 10 months ago.
I'm so glad that 2017 has finished. It truly was my year from hell. I lost my husband, his mum,some dear friends, & even our family home was demolished to make way for a new development! ( I've long moved from there, but it held so many fantastic memories).
I've taken road trips, celebrated another decade(60), planted gardens, retraced journeys to special spots where we had great times. Still it was a year that I will remember forever.
I just felt that I had to touch base with you on this forum . I received so much help from your posts in the past . Thank you.
I hope that you find 2018 a little easier💝💝💝

I'm glad to hear from you, Aussiemndcarer.

It sounds like you're doing all the right things to make the adjustment. I think you'll recover well. Good luck.

It's still 2017 here. For a couple of hours anyway. Happy New Year from Canada!!!

Nice to hear from you Aussie. I just lost my husband 2 weeks ago. I know that ALS will never completely leave us but I am hoping we can move forward and find happiness. Our PALS would have wanted that for us. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Hi Aussie, It's nice to hear from you. I've thought of you and hoped you were doing ok since the loss of your Jim. It sounds like you've had a very difficult 2017 and I hope 2018 can be a very good year for you. Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back