Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
FL
City
North Port
So, it has been 4 days since my dad passed. The pain comes in waves. I know that he is finally healed, but I miss him terribly. Please don't get me wrong, I don't miss the shell he was left with.... I miss my best friend. His death was horrible. I would like to say it was peaceful, however it wasn't. The only consoulation I have is that he was with me and I had the absolute privilege of helping him into the transition to death. I hope he wasn't scared and was ready, as he told me, to transition into death. He was the best man I have ever known and I am so very grateful to have had all of you as a support system.

You did good. No one should die without a loved one near.

It is really a very sad loss when a dad goes. It's a special piece of us that gets lost.

Feel free to post, rant, whatever.

I'm so sorry for your loss. ALS is so tough and it doesn't leave you unchanged. I hope that each day gets a little better and that the good memories are the ones that pop into your mind!

Oh ctollar...I so feel your pain. My brother passed on September 12 and you sound just like I felt then. It does get a bit easier although I must admit that everyday I think of him and on some of those days still cry. It's the missing of your Dad. It's bittersweet as your relieved he's no longer suffering but you miss his presence terribly. Even now when I think of the journey we took together I tear up. Toughest journey I've ever been on. You did awesome. Remember that. He was so very lucky to have you til the end. Give yourself all the time you need. Big hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back