Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Hi everyone! Do you have recommendations on best places to donate old equipment? We have lots including a bipap and tobi speech device. I was going to donate everything to ALSA but wanted to come here and see if you have suggestions. Just want to make sure they will get to a family who needs it. We were fortunate enough to have insurance cover most of it the costs but everything was still pretty expensive.

I know ALS Canada and provincial societies love getting gently used items for our loaner closets. This disease is hugely expensive even with insurance. You might even get a tax receipt.
Vincent

I would make a list of items and post it here. A couple people used things...I shipped to them, and one pals had a group that could use basically everything else.

Compassionate Care ALS in Falmouth, MA is an amazing nonprofit, originally funded by a very generous PALS to provide equipment and help for PALS and their caregivers. Although it's on the other side of the country from you, I know your equipment would be given to those in need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back