Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
il
City
Wheeling
On Friday 5/20 my PALS finally lost his valiant battle with this dragon we call ALS. :cry: Im wondering now what to do with all this equipment that was bought by insurances. The shaky vest, cough assist, and nebulizer. No one seems to want it and I feel terrible throwing in the garbage. What did y'all do with yours?

I am so sorry about your your loss., and your offer is generous. Posting it here in the equipment for sale section (even if you are giving it away free) is a good start. There are also Facebook groups for ALS where you could offer it up.

I took the liberty of copying the first part of your post to an In Memoriam thread so we can express properly our condolences.

I agree with Nuts that you might well get takers either place, perhaps if the people are not local you could ask they pay for shipping?

That equipment could really be a huge help to someone in need.

There are lots of places you could let people know about it as suggested already. I agree dumping it is not the way to go, it will feel much better to know someone else can use this stuff. Huge hugs to you on your loss xxxx

I am sorry for your loss.
Regarding the equipment you could contact the Les Turner ALS Foundation in Skokie, IL. They lend out equipment.

I will post over there. I contacted Les Turner, they do not take any respiratory equipment. :(

The Les Turner foundation has been awes Whyme, keep in touch with them. They have been a God Send to us in these past 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back