Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Cottonwood
Because of the intense care of my Jesse for his last year, our nurse said when he passed it might take three months for reality to hit. It's hitting me hard at 2. At first I was relieved and so busy and catching up on rest. Now I have trouble focusing, going out, attending to paperwork.
I have been on a small dose on an antidepressant for 6 months prior. May need to call my doc and get it increased.
A wonderful friend and his favorite nurse is coming over this evening for wine and snacks and talk.
Just told our best friends I'm depressed and saying it here. That's a beginning I think.

Sherry

Do talk to your doctor as a slight increase for a little while now may help.
Do you have a counsellor? The friend sounds like a good counsellor but there can be something about having someone who is not at all connected to talk with that can help a lot too.

You know that 19 months + down the track I'm still here, so it is very possible to get through this and find new joys in life. But it is a very tough place.

Me, too. Sherry. There was an instant relief, but then a crash. Then it worked up from depressed, sad or lonely to a happy life now.

God Bless You, dear Angel.

I am so sorry.

Sherry, my worst dip was about 8 months after! Everything was done, and friends and family assumed all was well. Then the reality that this was my new life- he'd never be back and society THINKS you should have moved on. It was a dark, tearfilled summer but I can truly say life IS better now. Hang in there, my dear, you will discover new paths ahead. It will never be the same, but filling your life with activity, friends and family really helps. And I regularly remind myself how lucky I was to have had such a good life with him- and he wanted me to have a good life without him. I pray for the same for you. Donna

Sherry
Jesse is flying free, and you are having trouble getting your wings off the ground.

It won't be your new normal.
It will just take time. And patience.
And love and support from those around you.
I'm not sure how long you and Jesse had together, but it all can't be wrapped up with a neat little bow in two months.

Medications, counselling, venting...not one single thing sounds 'un-normal' after everything you and Jesse went through.

Thank you for trusting us to continue to share the journey.

God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back