Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Cottonwood
Am I the only past caregiver wishing I could meet a bunch of you in person? Thinking about a get away somewhere (I'll travel) where we could just get together and share experiences, tears and laughter.

Sherry

It is incredibly worth doing!

In August I had 3 past CALS come to my place. We did an icebucket challenge, then had the afternoon together, dinner and drinks and they all stayed the night.

I am going to Sydney tomorrow for a forum on facilitating carers groups. I have linked up with another past CALS that I've only known online and am staying 2 nights at her place.

I've had some great times with another past CALS up in Brisbane when I go through that way.

It's always a real mix of truth in few words (because we all 'get it'), a few tears and lots of laughter.

Maybe you could travel to somewhere around Florida as there are a couple of very cool past CALS there? ;)

We recently had the opportunity to meet (face to face) with a CALS/PALS couple that are in our area. And there are a number of people that I've only met online but feel as if I'm well on the way to getting to know them. My PALS and I had a retirement goal of traveling the US in an RV. She won't be able to do that now... but I'm still planning on doing so and hope to get to meet more of the wonderful folks I've met here and elsewhere. I've even given thought to traveling to visit and giving the CALS an opportunity to take a day or two for themselves (as I'd stay and keep the PALS company). All just ideas... but I understand the desire to share experiences with others.

Jim

Just realized what forum area this is in. As I'm not in a hurry to qualify for this area, I'll quietly back out the door...

Jim you made me smile. Just before you back out the door :) What very kind thoughts you are having to go and visit CALS and give them a break.

Sherry I have had the opportunity to meet a couple of Cals from here and it was amazing. I am in Florida--I gotta big house! lets have a party!

Barbie, Nice to see your post. I love Florida and have visited there several times. Hope all is well and thank you for everything.

I often fantacize about an "after party" with the friends I've made here. I love Jim's idea--maybe we could organize CALS on Wheels :)

Hummmmm, maybe Jim's suggestion would mean I could put the 5th wheel I've been unable to sell to good use!

I have a good chance to meet up with Laurie right after Christmas! So looking forward to that.

Sherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back