Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
FL
City
Orlando
It's been nearly four years since Krissy passed, and while the memories and feelings are easily conjured up, the pain is gone. Last week I began socializing again and looking for someone to date. The shrine over the fireplace has been downsized for a year now.

I've been going to social "meetups" and I'll be on a cruise next week, scouting out the babes like a normal single man.

My psychiatrist and anti-depressant helped. Also, my kids were absolutely invaluable to my recovery.

Actually, I think most folks would reach this point much sooner. I'm an introvert and don't normally socialize anyway. A standard extrovert could probably get to this stage of freedom in one year or two.

Just a reminder that life does eventually become happy again, and it does get back to normal.

whoop whoop! go mike!

I can hardly believe it has been 4 years...seems like yester day you were just logging on for the first time. I am so glad that we met here and are friends. I can't wait to hear about your dating adventures, even if you have to make them rated G for the forum. A cals like you who was a great cals and is moving on and rebuilding a life is a beacon of hope to other cals, and a relief to pals who just want to know their loved one will be OK.

hugs and hugs to you. and I am trying to think of any single ladies I know in your neck of the woods....

...seems like yesterday you were just logging on for the first time...

Yep. I'm very happy to have you as a long-time friend, too.

Mike, what a wonderful, hopeful, promising post to read. Wishing you fun and laughter as you journey along into this new phase of life. Kahlil Gibran writes about our sorrow carving the cup that holds our joy. ALS carves deeply. In time, I hope your cup fills with joy to the brim and beyond!

Have a great time on the cruise Mike!

Embrace the happiness, honour the memories. It's okay and healthy to be moving forward. Keep moving in that direction. Thanks for sharing. Be happy.

Oh good on you Mike!

I guess I'm not that normal either, and am definitely an introvert. So 15 months on I can't even imagine thinking about any kind of dating, just not on my radar at all. Maybe one day, I don't really think about it as it just isn't part of who I am at this point. Healing with the land and watching the koalas thrive is enough to make me smile huge smiles. Working hard out in the garden gives me about all I need physically too ;)

But to hear you lifting your head and looking about again has given me a huge smile. Whoop it up on the cruise - remember you don't 'have' to see any of those people again after if you don't want to, so you can just let go and have FUN :)

Thank you,Mike! So good to hear you are ready to really move on. Sure you will have fun entering this new chapter, and hopefully you will share with those of us choosing to live vicariously through your adventures! Someone would be lucky to have you in her life, with your warmth, caring and intelligence!
Interesting that both you and Tillie view yourselves as introverts! The way you share your thoughts on the forum, it surely isn't apparent!
Have fun and enjoy this new journey- one that hopefully will have a happy ending! Krissy would want you to be happy . Donna

Yay Mike. So good to hear.

Enjoy! Hope your cruise it dry, sunny, and amazing in scenery....female and otherwise:)

Congratulations on moving on. Not easy but it must be done. Enjoy the cruise, have fun!

What a hopeful thread! I'm so glad that you are stepping back out into the world, Mike. Enjoy the cruise!

Awesome! The world is a better place for having you in it. Go forth and conquer!
God bless, Janelle x

Mike, I am so happy to hear you are going out again. Have fun on the cruise!

Wow, so many well wishes! I should frame this thread and put it on my bathroom mirror for morning inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back