Diagnosis
08/2012
Country
US
State
Midwest
City
Small town
Okay- I'm convinced! My Joe's favorite singer was Frank Sinatra! Our annual 3 day drive to Florida each year was listening to every cd Sinatra ever recorded! Last week at his Celebration of Life Memorial service, MY WAY was the musical background for a slide show on his life. He adored Old Blue Eyes, So......the last 4 times I've gotten in the car and turned on the radio, a Sinatra song was playing! Is that eerie, or is he still there insisting on us both listening to Frankie?
And to quote the last lines of MY WAY:
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way.

So appropriate for his life, and his death. And being surrounded by Sinatra each time I start the car is affirmation that Joe is still hanging around looking after me! Comforting- but also tear evoking! Anyone else have these

Last edited:
Oops- The rest of the sentence- Anyone else have these experiences with their pals?

> And being surrounded by Sinatra each time I start the car is affirmation that Joe is still hanging around looking after me! Comforting- but also tear evoking!

I think it is wonderful and don't believe in coincidences :)

That was without a doubt a sign from him. It was absolutely not a coincidence at all. I had similiar things happen to me after my mom passed away. That is so amazing. Don't be sad about it. It's a sign they are safe and sound and still near us.

Donna, my eyes blinked when I read your Thread here. Not long ago Ann and I had our wills updated and even though it's never comfortable to talk about... we spoke of our wishes. I have always been a Sinatra fan even back when I was a middle aged rock and roller... but more so now. :) I asked that "That's life", "September of My Years", "It Was a Very Good Year" and "My Way" be played in that order after the priest gets done saying a few nice things that were hard for him to come up with. :)

Yes, Joe is in those songs that come out of the speaker.

Al,why am I not surprised that MY WAY is one of your favorites, too! Think we have every CD he recorded! How bout we elect you to be "chairman" of this board! You are certainly a great contributor and don't pull any punches in saying it like it is! Love that about you!
Wish I had thought to include "that's Life" in his service! How appropriate for the life you PALs have led! Thanks for making me smile! Donna

Donna, I'm not a PALS... I'm a PPLS (new acronym). I guess it's like being the pesty neighbors kid on a ALS Forum.

I love the intro on one of the CDs where Howard Cosell introduced Frank at Madison Square Garden.

"Chairman of this board?" You'll get a flood of PMs referring to your sanity over that one!

Yea, I've done a lot of it "My Way" but I think I'm gonna be handed a due bill for that when I arrive on the other side.

Hope things are as good as good can be for you since Joe's passing.

Anyone else have these experiences with their pals?

I'm a believer, Donna! I had an experience when my father passed.

A few weeks before he passed, I heard a psychic on TV who supposedly talked to souls on the other side. A woman was asking about her sister who had passed and the psychic told her when things had occurred that she thought were her sister reaching out to her, like turning on the radio and a certain song was playing, it really was her sister communicating something to her.

I said out loud, "Right, her sister's soul hijacks that radio station and programs it for just the moment she turns her radio on. Melarkey!"

I had been caring for my father, but our relationship had always been strained, and he was being extremely abusive to both my mother and me. We finally had to place him in a care home under hospice, but only one week later he passed. They called me very early, so I headed over alone. The streets were as empty as I felt in that moment. The last time my mother and I had seen him he'd cursed and screamed at us. As I drove in the quiet, I reached down and turned on my radio, tuned to a 60's station, but "Tears in Heaven" was playing.

I'm not a real religious person, but there was a profound sense of reassurance that everything was OK. Don't know if he knew how special that song was to me, and certainly don't know how he managed to hijack that radio station. :)

So, yeah, I think that's Joe giving you musical hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back