Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
Ca
State
On
City
Barrie
My first without my Hayden. What an emotional roller coaster the entire thing has been, with so much to come in the next couple days.

I have been blessed with a couple truly wonderful friends who have helped keep me going. They came and decorated, took me shopping, brought me drinks lol. Thank goodness for them.

Instead of buying a bunch of useless garbage no one wants or needs each of my loved ones got momento's of him, his life, his loves. Shadow boxes full of memories, memorial ornaments, even baskets of "Haydens favorite things ".

I will be spending Christmas Day surrounded by his kids, his parents, siblings, extended family. Many tears to come but hoping for laughter, joy and love also.

Wishing you all a wonderful season filled with all the love and laughter you deserve!

Xo Cherish every moment

Hugs from another having the first xmas without my husband.

It's tough, but we are going to get through it and the first will be the hardest (I keep telling myself this!)

hugs to the both of you

Please include me in your hugging party! As others are in the Christmas spirit, I remain in the celebration of Joe's life mode. We will honor him in a memorial service on Sunday, and I know he will be looking down and smiling. My " gifts" to our four granddaughters this year included one that was my message from him. Each will get a clear locket, with three charms that can be placed inside. The one charm is a heart saying, "live, love, smile" because he would want that. The second is a heart with a diamond chip- because like the diamond, his love will continue on for them forever. The third charm is a dragonfly- for he is truly flying free now.
I know we will make it through and find many reasons for happiness each and every day. But the tears are still falling daily, as we adjust to life without our loved ones. I hope none of our forum friends join us this Christmas in our sadness. Will pray for at least one more year for them all! Love, Donna

Sending you all a big Christmas hug,
Love Gem

The first year is tough. All sorts of firsts and anniversary's. Things aren't always going to be this raw. But its important to go through the holidays as usual. You may not see Hayden but he will be with you. Always.

I'm writing this while waiting to board a plane to New Orleans. Lots to see and jazz clubs every night.
Love and prayers
Vincent

donna hugs to you too. your always on are mind. joe had to been a happy man and i know hes going to be with you all the time. he ant go to leave the behind.

Sending hugs to all of you. I love the idea that you are all trying to honor your loved one's in some way with your gifts. I love the charm idea too Donna. I will be working on Christmas day from noon-6pm at our local hospital and then I go back at midnight and work til 6am the next morning. I work the switchboard. I try to go out of my way and be extra helpful and accomodating. My mom was in the hospital once over Christmas and I know how stressful it is for the patient and their families.
I want to thank all you for coming on here and helping to support all of us after experiencing the losses of your spouses. They would be proud of you for reaching out to others. God bless you, Kim

And more hugs to all of you. You inspire me with your positive approach! I've pulled myself out of my slump and decorated the house, and am now getting excited about all the kids and grandkids showing up (along with three large dogs). It wasn't fair to my sweetie for ME to put a damper on Christmas! We will enjoy each other and grandpa will give the grandkids PWC rides and chase the dogs...errr...try to miss the dogs!

Vincent, have a wonderful time!

Chris, Hayden, Joe ... So much love surrounding these guys, and it felt like we came to know each of them through you amazing Cals`s (or whatever the plural of that may be) this past year.

Hugs to you all!
Kay

I like CALSers as the plural, makes me laugh every time!

LOL thanks everyone, I just keep trying. What else can you do right?

Peace,love, and hugs to you all.

I'm glad that I don't have a husband (had a few, not a good experience) I can't imagine the pain you all feel. I know every one of them would want you to be happy. Prayers and Merry Christmas to you all.

Love,
Janie

As you might imagine, this was Santa Joe's favorite time of the year. Here at Disney world with my oldest son and his family. Crying. Not in front of the granddaughters - don't want to ruin this o them. I would rather spend Christmas in bed holding a t shirt of his and crying but I now that isn't what Joe would want me to do. So here I am.

Our newspaper featured another article on Joe this past Sunday. Remembering as a great santa but also a great man. Tears and more tears. He touched so many lives and I was proud to be called his wife. I will also be glad when all the firsts are behind me..........

I think we all need a group hug!

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back