Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Today I'm going over the home of a PALS friend who lives locally.

They have been doing a lot of concreting around the house to be wheelchair ready before he loses mobility. So they have a garden to remove and asked would I like it?

HA would I like a whole garden? No one should think twice on that question!

So a friend is coming to hook my trailer up to his car (note to self, I need to organise putting a tow bar on my car), and off we will go and dig out this garden.

I'll take photos, but I love this win-win. I have prepared heaps of new garden areas lately that are empty and mulched, and for a bit of effort can fill them up and let my friends get the concreting done.

I also have put all their stacks of paperwork into a bunch of folders for them.

I feel like I'm getting an excellent payment, there's even bamboo, I've been meaning to put in bamboo for the whole 4 years I've lived here!

Ah yes... another confirmation that good things happen to good people. Well done! And have fun with your new garden project...

Jim

Tillie: short for tiller of the earth :)

I TOTALLY forgot to take photos before we started digging! You CALS understand that the brain fog takes time to lift ...

I will take some photos today of all the stuff.

The bamboo has me really excited I love that stuff. My friend was kind enough to give me detailed instructions on bamboo growing and propagation. woohoo

Tiller of the earth - oh I like that!

Oooh jealous! Enjoy, sounds like a big project. Draw some plans up of where you plan to put stuff (or alternatively move it 15 times like me). I am love love bamboo, wonder if you have the runner or the clumping kind? If the former you might need those liners to stop it spreading too far, have never divided the clumping kind as I was told it sulks after&takes ages to recover. (Wistful sigh..) will live vicariously through your pics then!

OK Sally a few snaps of it here at home. (have to keep you living somehow, I have to take more photos more often) Still can't believe I forgot to take a pic of their garden before we attacked!

The bamboo is oldhamii, which is a pretty classic bamboo - so the runner kind. I've got some canes that are sprouting waiting to be put in too. Lucky I have 14 acres... below is a pic of where I put it

Also a palm, yeah only one frond left so it doesn't shock too badly.
Some bird of paradise and agapanthus. The garden beds don't look too flash as the mulch is just grass clippings, but one day they will be grand...

I've got the cordylines chopped up and in water to be planted a bit later in August.

Keeping me amused and we've actually had some light rain the past 2 days to settle it all in for me!

Attachments

• Peteplants1.jpg
    Peteplants1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Peteplants2.jpg
    Peteplants2.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Peteplants3.jpg
    Peteplants3.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Peteplants4.jpg
    Peteplants4.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 164
>Keeping me amused and we've actually had some light rain the past 2 days to settle it all in for me!

looks like fun!

Can we all come help, I could make a great stupidvisor

what a great idea, we would have so much fun, stupidvisors everywhere, there is plenty to do.

I wonder if we could attach chains to the pwc's and pull lantana bushes out? Now THAT would make for some fun video!

love you guys

>what a great idea, we would have so much fun

checking Kayak for fares to SYD now. what's the temp like in Oct?

October is middle of spring, so temperatures start to heat up, but nights are still lovely and cool. One of the best times of the year :)

Free accommodation and fun at The Champagne Gardens (um that's my property)

>Free accommodation and fun at The Champagne Gardens (um that's my property)

ok, count on it -- October after next clinic, Melbourne, SYD, you, and Cairns :)

I guess no golf this time :)

Tillie, you're gonna end up having so many people show up on your doorsteps. Wouldn't that be awesome!all of us together. I can just picture it.

Debbie

>all of us together. I can just picture it

me too!

as long as you don't hit any koalas out of the trees you can lose golf balls easily down my hills Max lol

Deb if anyone flies across the world they are more than welcome here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back