Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton
City
Way Down South
As my son's graduation from high school approaches, I find myself filled with tears for what might have been. I knew that each life event would bring this on, so I am able to keep myself in check but, I can't help but think of how proud Terry would be of our son just as he was of our daughter at her graduation. He would have reveled in the activities that surround this momentous time in Daniel's life - sports banquets, senior honors, scholarships, college acceptances, senior parties, father/son events, legacy luncheon - he would have loved it all. Somehow, I will hold the tears at graduation just as I held them at my son's Eagle Scout ceremony because, Terry will be with us as surely as if he were sitting beside me. He will be at the college graduations, weddings, births of grandchildren and all of our milestones. He lives in my heart. But, oh how I miss his presence right now.

Not only is Terry proud of your son, I would venture to say that he's prouder still of you. You've been a Mom and a Dad. In spite of all of the obstacles, you guard, preserve and sustain Terry's greatest legacy - your children. No easy feat.

As a PALS, I am so well aware that CALS do all of the heavy lifting - before, during and after ALS has completely pulverized and ravaged your life.

I wish I could lessen the ache in your heart. You are so right - love does not die - it lives on.

Congratulations to your son. Well done. Kudos to you. Enjoy the festivities.

Can certainly understand your feelings. Hugs to you!

Miss, thanks for sharing. I am in the exact situation - my youngest is also graduating. It's an exciting time and at the same time I feel overwhelmed. The calendar is full and trying to adjust my work schedule to attend everything is a challenge but i don't want ot miss a thing! We do miss john and I know he is proud. funny thing is john would be the one crying as she gives her speech -no doubt, tears of joy he would be so proud.

I am sending you a hug right now--your post brought tears to my eyes. He will always be with you and your son in your hearts...

Missy,

Milestones have a way of getting into our hearts even we feel we are prepared and ready. Daniel is so fortunate to have you as his mom. Sending for prayers for strength your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back