Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
UK
State
Somerset
City
Yeovil
Did you clench your jaw? I clench so hard. I think I even do it in my sleep, my face aches and my gums feel tender.

Sounds such a small thing to be upset about but I do feel upset about it. :(

Do you mean out of stress? I have clenched my teeth so hard at times I thought my teeth would break! Although since finding a new home for our "food aggressive" dog I cant remember the last time I did it. Lol. But the clenching you are talking about is very real and can be very painful, even lead to migraines and TMJ. There are mouth pieces you can get that are either special fitted from your dentist or ones you do yourself from the drug store. You can wear them to keep from clenching in your sleep or during the day as needed. My husband is getting a day piece from our dentist. His clenching is from spasticity. It will be lighter and less cumbersome than the one we got for him from the drug store. (he didnt like that one) Good luck, hope you feel better!

The same here. My husband would clench and grind his teeth at night and was causing damage to his teeth. His dentist fitted him with a mouth piece and it completely stopped. Good Luck.

i would think its definately a stress thing if you havent always done this. And i agree- a tooth guard will help. My PALS clenched and grinded so much the he wore his bottom teeth down to almost nothing.

Thank you. Saw GP today who said its a tension/stress related thing. He gave me some anti inflams to ease the gum pain. It will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back