05/2009
Country
UK
State
Somerset
City
Yeovil
I wasnt ready for being called a Widow.

Oh Rachel, we have our first wedding anniversary tomorrow, and I can't get my head around it might be our last...
I dont want to be a widow either.. :(
Sending you a big hug xx

It is an awful word isn't it. I'm sorry Rachel

So sorry Rachel. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through.
Thinking of you. Often.

I'm not ready either! It hasn't happened yet, but I resist the day! God Bless!

Rachel I wasn't either:( I miss my husband so much!

That's a horrible word. There are so many reminders in everything we do that reaffirms we are not a couple anymore. I still speak of Bob as my husband though. So sorry. I know all of us feel for you and with you. Yasmin.

I hate that word and I hate SINGLE. Paperwork that has to be filled out depresses me with the word WIDOW. I still refer to others that have lost their husband's as "wife."

As far as I'm concerned, I'm still "married." He's just gone to a better place, for now. I know time will help me adjust, but the words people use to describe our situation are stark reminders of what has transpired.

Love to you all...

As I've said before, I don't mind the word widow. At least it honors the fact that I was married to Terry. Like you, CJ, I really hate it when I have to hit the "single" block on forms. I just don't feel single.

How can you be single when you still love someone and they will always love you

Wow Rachel, that struck a chord....going down the same path and dreading that word. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs and big prayers for comfort and peace being sent your way.

Ruth

Maybe it's a guy thing, or maybe it reflects my moving on. I consider "widower" to be a badge of honor. It's because I know I did good by my wife.
BEING single is weird, because I really miss having someone to share life with. I'm going to Japan and England next year. I took my kids--and their girlfriends--to Italy last year, but what about a traveling partner FOR ME? On the other hand, I guess it's like being 18 again, having a completely new future ahead of me--a future of my choosing. I can start over. But then there's that 57-year-old thought like "who would want me" and "why would I want someone my own age." Doesn't make any sense. Then of course, there's the realization that I'm not gonna have love or even make love or hug anyone for the next forty years. So this is a really weird year for me. Eating dinner alone is the least weird thing about this.

I hate that word too! i hated that I joined this club, it sucks. I would give all of my tomorrows for one yesterday. I miss him so much! reminders are everywhere, of what was, what could have been, what can never be. people try to understand and i know they mean well.. but they dont have one damn clue, unless you have joined the ranks yourself. It makes my blood boil when they dont have a widow spot, and even worse when they do. some people know.. some dont. I hate the pitty face that those who do give me... and I hate the reaction when people who dont know tilt ther head and say... oh im sorry, it must be awful. ya think? really? no... its been great, i think everyone should buy stock in it.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Rachel. To still love someone who is no longer present in this world is one of the most difficult things I've had to cope with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back