Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
The day I married my love was Sept. 24th. It dawned on me today that we would have been married 24 years tomorrow and that he died on the 24th day of a month. Not that there is any significance, just that it popped into my head. Ah well...

I can't tell you how many times we both forgot our anniversary over the years after our son was born. We'd look at the calendar and notice it had come and gone. No biggy, but now I kinda wish we had payed closer attention.

The last time we actually went out to have a romantic dinner was when he could still eat pretty much anything, but his speech was going. To look at him you would not have known anything was wrong. He actually went to the flower shop to have flowers sent to the restaurant, as they could not understand him over the phone. He then went to the restaurant to pick out a table to reserve and ask them to do things a certain way. Little did I know that would be our last real "special" outing.

Maybe I'll by some wine or champagne tomorrow to toast our marriage. :)

We 'll toast with you cj.

Wine and/or champaigne is very well deserved.

Happy Anniversary CJ. Yes "Happy" - sounds to me you had a most happy and fulfilling marriage.
That's quite a feat these days and it is surely something to honour and celebrate. Your son is fortunate to have learned what steadfast love and commitment really look like.

For sure - raise your glass and toast - just don't be surprised to hear a faint and gentle clink of glass.
It'll be the angels and your beloved, up in heaven, toasting you, your son and your marriage.
That's a beautiful thing.

Our hearts will be with you tomorrow CJ. After work, I will have a toast with you.

I'll be sure to toast your anniversary tomorrow, CJ. A very significant day. Yasmin

CJ,
A glass tomorrow in honor of your love and anniversary!

Jen

You are a remarkable woman CJ. You add so much to the forum. Your wisdom and sweet spirit are always nearby to help guide us CALS.
Thank you for all your lovely posts. I treasure them.
Pam

Thank you all.

Pam, you are too kind. I can't find my way out of a paper bag sometimes. Not very remarkable! ;)

Sorry that date will always be in your mind, good and bad...Love you girl!

Will raise a glass to your Anniversary from down under tomorrow as well CJ. Your husband was a lucky man to have you. Remember him and your life together well.

I wish you the best on the day. I know it will be hard, I had our 8th all by myself. I toasted and had 2 pieces of cake .... it was sad, and happy, tearful, and full of memories.

I raise my glass to both of you for all the happy years you shared.

CJ

Today 24th September is a very special day. It is the day that you married your man and is also the day I married mine. Its our 15th wedding anniversary today.

So while I raise a glass to our anniversary tonight, I will raise one to you too xx

We will raise a glass tonight too in honor of your anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back