Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Have any of you past cALS had "The Visit?" I've been reading up on the deceased paying visits to family and friends to re-assure myself that I haven't gone completely insane! :shock:

Several nights ago, I thought someone had broken into my house. I was in bed and someone put their hand on me. They were shaking me as if to wake me. It scared the bejeezus out of me! I was trying to scream, but couldn't get anything but fits of sound out. I was thrashing about with all my might. They stopped shaking me. A couple of minutes later, I thought my son had come into my room and crawled into the bed, as someone was next to me with their arm over my shoulder. I turned to reach out to him and to tell him to go back to his room, but there was only air and the bed. There was an intense warmth and I suddenly had a feeling that I was being told, "I am proud of you. You are doing alright and I'm OK." I knew then that it was my husband. After that, he was gone.

I woke up with a swollen bruised foot and a sore hand. I guess I had been fighting with the bed frame! LOL

Perhaps this was a lucid dream. Whatever... I'll call it "The Visit."

Before Allen dies, he told me that his Dad was coming to get him. I didn't feel anything bu I believe that he came.

I asked Allen to somehow let me know that he made it to heaven. He said he would do his best. He hasn't sent me any messages, yet. I still hope that he will.

I don't know what it was, or what you call it but I agree with the message.

That's awesome CJ. :)

One night back in February or March, I was up in bed not able to sleep. I know I wasn't sleeping. I felt this light tugging on my duvet on the opposite side of where I sleep (I sleep on Bob's side of the bed now). I waited and it happened twice more so I know it was real. I wasn't expecting it or anything. I had told Bob also that if there ever was a way for him to let me know he was around, that he had to. He shrugged and said if he could, he definitely would. Sometimes, I feel this tingling and chill in my body - just as a wave. I'm always aware when that happens and make sure I wasn't feeling that sensation because I was cold or anything. I sometimes feel and hope that it's Bob coming through me. And cold rather than warm because I was always warm and he was always cold! I do feel warmth in my heart though but there it's like I know Im consciously feeling him in my heart.

I'm sorry about the bruising, CJ but otherwise, I think you're really lucky to have felt what you did. Who knows right?

galpalblue - this sensation for me didn't happen till many months after Bob passed. Maybe you'll feel something too, when it's time? When they decide? Or again, who knows what happens.

It's nice to be able to talk about this. Thanks!

CJ that is awesome..

This makes me Happy!

galpal, like Yasmin said, it may be a while til you get your "visit." I definitely believe Allen will find you and give you a message of some sort.

Whether this is something our subconscious conjures up or whether it is a real phenomenon - I don't know. I'm just happy for it to happen and tend to believe in the latter.

I spoke to a friend that recently lost her husband to cancer. She told me she kept having to get up at night because oldies music was playing. She would search the house to see if anything was on and could find nothing. She said she told her husband it was not funny, to stop and that she would be OK. (They would have people over all the time and oldies would be playing in the background as they grilled out.) She hasn't been bothered since. She believes he was trying to cheer her up and he couldn't move on yet because of her grief.

Last edited:
Totally weird. It happened to me a few weeks ago. Same thing. I thought Daniel had crawled into bed with me. It happened a few nights in a row.

Great thread CJ!
My Mom lost her first husband at the end of WWII while she was in her early twenties. She was grief stricken and having a very rough time. She swears that her late hubby visited her and told her that he had taken care of her as long as he could and since he could no longer be there for her she would now have to get up and move forward with her life.
Before Mom passed last November, she suffered with bouts of dementia associated with Parkinsisons'. She had visits from her parents and two brothers who had gone before. My Dad, who passed in 86 also visited her and told her he would be waiting for her.
Amazing!
I hope that those of you who have received "visits" are greatly comforted by them.
If at all possible, I plan to make a few "visits" myself when my time here is over.

Missy, how strange! Glad I'm not the only one. Guess they really loved us, don't you think? I know we really loved them!

My grandfather didn't really believe in things like that happening. But, a few days after my grandma passed away he said "He was sitting up in his bed and grandma kissed him." He said it must have been a dream but it seemed so real I could feel her next to me. What was so strange is that my sister who was extremely close to my grandma had the same visit the same night. She told my mom that she was absolutely awake and grandma sat on her bed. I believe she came to them both. Yes, C.J your husband is proud of you and thinking you for being here for us with your support. Hugs to you, Kim

I see this as very positive and I'm so happy for everyone who has experienced a 'visit.' It makes it easier for me to think about my future if I have the hope that I can continue to have any sort of communication with him. I miss him so much already, and he's not even gone.

I read and re-read this thread a few times. I've had quite a few "experiences". I've never spoken about them though. I think there is "something" there but I can't explain it properly. Nice to know I'm not alone though. Thanks.

Yes I do believe this happens to people, I had a very dear friend, who was more like a mother to me, she died after a long battle with cancer. One night after she died, I was in bed and felt someone sit on my bed. I woke up and no one was there, but I do believe it was her, also there were times I felt like someone was behind me or next to me and I think it was her. I miss her so much, and think about her everyday. I know she must be upset about me having ALS. I look forward to seeing her again someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back