02/2011
Country
US
State
GA
City
Gwinnett
Hello all

I wanted to give you an update since I just got home from traveling by myself and back to Europe. My son has spent the summer in Germany in school and invited me to come see him when he finished his class.

I was so proud of our son and we had the best time seeing the sights in Northern Germany with him as my tour guide.

Never would I have thought I would go to Europe so soon after losing my husband, but we had a wonderful trip together and I'm so glad that I went. It doesn't make the grief any less painful but I know Scott would have been so pleased with the adult our son has become.

It was quite an adventure. And his girl friend came to spend the weekend with me so that I wouldn't have to return to my empty house alone.

So glad you had some fun, you deserve it:) Your son sounds amazing..

What a cool trip! Your son sounds amazing.... I'm glad it went well for you and you had a good time! We loved the parts of Germany we saw this summer!

Jen

How wonderful you got away and had some fun. Remember that you are important and deserve to do things for yourself. :)

So glad you had this opportunity to travel with your son! Precious memories!

It was pretty thoughtful of the girlfriend to. Glad you had fun:)

Yay! Love seeing positive posts here :) So happy you enjoyed your trip!

Glad you had a wonderful trip with your son. Start planning your next adventure.

Sounds like a great trip. Scott would be so pleased with you too. Welcome back! Yasmin.

A lovely post thank you for sharing. Good for you, your husband would be proud of you. You sound like a strong lady with a positive attitude, all best wishes to you and your son for the future.

Like like like!

Good for you guys! Hope you ate lots of schnitzel and strudel! :D

Glad you had such a wonderful trip!

Good for you Evelyn! I think it is impressive that you went on a trip by your self and I am sure your husband was watching and was happy for and your son. You deserve happiness!

I'm so glad you went, and that you found so much joy. My hat is off to whoever thought of the girlfriend being there afterwards. They "get" it. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back