Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
WI
City
Beaver Dam
I woke up this morning, went into my room, and saw I had a letter.
Here is what it said in part

"Ray's liver was shared with a 57 year old man from WI. He is married and works full time. He is doing very well since his transplant and looks forward to spending more quality time with his family. His left kidney was shared with a 58 year old man from WI. He is single and works full time in the health care field. He is recovering slowly, but is thankful for his gift. Ray's right kidney was shared with a 47 year old man from Illinois. He is married and works full time in the IT industry. He is recovering well and looking forward to a life that is dialysis free."

This makes me happy, but it also hurts me badly. Looks like this wont be such a good day. Thank you, Ray for your gifts of life.

Liz....I can feel your sadness through your typed words. I can only imagine Ray was looking over your shoulder and reading the letter with you. I would think he would have been smiling knowing he saved 3 lives!

I'm so glad that this was an option in WI. It is not an option in TN for ALS patients. That was a hard pill for us to swallow. My father was the recipient of a liver transplant many, many years ago. The gift of life from a donor is such a miracle to the recipients and their families.

Liz, it's lovely that Ray was able to help others. So sorry for you, sweetie.

My husband received a kidney transplant 10 years ago. The donor was a 19 year old who was hit by a car while walking home from a friends house. The car didn't stop and Joshua was not found until the next moring. He lived on life support three days before he died. Our oldest son knew him from a band festival. Our joy was tampered by knowing the donor. I kept it from Doug only a couples of days when he stated asking questions. I thank God every day for that gift and pray for Josh and his family. Bless Ray for his gifts of life. Liz I hope you receive comfort knowing his gifts are others a chance to live.

I love you Liz.

I'm glad your sweetheart was able to do that. My husband wanted to be a donor, but because he was in hospice and so far away from the hospitals, they said, more then likely, when he passed, that there wouldn't be enough time to get him to the hospital and his organs be viable. He was disappointed, but wanted to die at home and not in a hospital. What a blessing to see your sweetheart's life continues in others and his death was not in vain. He was able to help others. *hugs*

Hugging you Liz, What a wonderful thing to beable to give the gift of life. Feeling your sadness also, I love you too.

liz, tough day, but thanks for sharing. i just assumed i wasn't a candidate. now i'll look into it.
tom

I hope you save the letters, Liz. What wonderful gifts that Ray was able to give.

I do feel your sadness, however... it's a bittersweet thing, I suppose.

Liz. What a great thing for Ray to save other's lives. He and you have helped so many others not go through what you've been through. We know what it's like to lose a loved one. Treasure the fact that Ray truly lives on.

What a gift from Ray! That is all i can say. There are just no words. :) Liz, be strong, we all just have to be strong.

Liz

Thinking of you and knowing that the wonderful gift of life from Ray continues to live on and change lives.

So sorry for your pain. I had no idea how grief stricken I would be and continue to be. Thursday will be one month. I'm amazed that the calendar keeps moving and the days continue on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back