Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I'm beginning to remember my husband the way he was before all this happened. This has given me much hope.

I want all cALS to realize you will feel such awful pain (and guilt - no denying that) when your pALS passes, but soon you will be comforted by the memories you made together.

If I was the Dalai Lama, I would bless you all and give you wisdom about your journey ahead. I'm not Buddhist, but have always respected their ways of peace and their way of thinking. We actually knew a man from Tibet and he was very observant and knew something was wrong with my husband before many of my husband's own friends. The Tibetan worked at a convenience store and my husband would spend time with him. My husband dubbed him the "Mountain Man." I never knew his real name, but I knew he was a special human being that cared for his fellow man.

I'm so glad that you are remembering the good memories of Don before the disease.

My husband wants to know what we can talk about!

De Plane
De Plane

I was so excited when I went to CA in the 80s and got to see the "island".

My post went to heaven before me.

Thank you CJ for this thread. I hope I have done well by my children. I have taught them to respect their fellow man and when wronged go to the LORD in prayer. I have taught them how valuable an education and no matter what family should always come first.

After I am gone, I can only hope they take this advice and remember how much it meant to me and that they continue to follow my footsteps.

Thank you CJ for this thread, I think I will work a little harder to get my message across. The one thing we have done for years to support family time is; that we set aside one day a week, usually Sunday, have dinner and no tv. We have family game night. We started this when our girls were small and even though many are married, they continue to come for dinner and game night.

I think I "done" well!

I found the same to be true when Terry died. The years of good memories quicky replaced the mental picture of Terry disabled. Now, it is almost difficult to think of him as ever dependent on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back