Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Crowley
I would have been married 8 years on the 7th of Febuary. I lost him in November. Yesturday was so hard. I can't understand how my forever was 7 years, 9 months, 14 days. So unfair. I miss him everyday, every moment. Damn ALS, Damn you for what you have taken. A wonderful man all of 34 years old, a special person and the light of my life. The children we will never get to have, the golden years, MY EVRYTHING!

I am just so alone, and afraid. I miss you, Bran. I cherrish all of the moments we had. I just want to see you smile at me one more time, feel your touch, smell you, hear you say "I Love you", I would trade all of my tommrows for one day with you. The happy you, the not sick you. I need you.

Sorry for my rambles, I just needed to get some things out.

I have no words of wisdom but you are in my thoughts. Bless you x

My heart aches with you. My thoughts are with you too. May God comfort you.

My heart goes out to you and also my Prayers for Peace and Comfort, may you be filled with these till overflowing. {{HUGS}}

It's not rambles....I'm glad you could let it out here...
We're here and thinking of you. Sending you a virtual hug.

Somebody told me the other day that the sun WILL shine again. Let's hope that's true for all of us. Sorry you're feeling this way. It's understandable. I hate ALS too. FYI - I joined the bereavement group for people who have lost their spouse to ALS, a group that meets once a month, sponsored by the ALS Society. I was at this session 2 weeks ago, on a Thursday. The ALS Society manager told me that between the previous Monday and that Thursday, Edmonton alone had lost 5 people to ALS, 6 in Alberta. That's a huge number. The numbers are rising in Alberta - up to 204 from 146 this time last year. They don't know if more people are being diagnosed because of awareness or if more people are getting this awful, awful disease. Just thought I'd share this with you all. Yasmin.

I am so sorry, Bruce and I have just been married 7 years too. He is still here, but not like he was.

I am sorry for your pain, but you are not rambling. It is a true loss for you.

No time is enough with the ones we love. We will be married 7 months at the end of this month. I wish for 7 years, you wish for 70.....it just means that we love them dearly. And we are or were so lucky to have them.

I am sooo sorry for your loss. I lost my husband in August and we were together for 42 years. Even that was not enough. We still had plans and dreams left unfinished. I share your sentiments on this monster named ALS. It is such a horrible disease that robs you of everything. The 14th, Valentine's Day, will mark 6 months of living without him. Like you, what a way to not celebrate, but to only feel the loneliness that is so deep no one can touch it. Thoughts, prayers and understanding are with you.
Janis

Although my husband is still alive, he has been in a coma for the last four weeks, after going into cardiac arrest secondary to pneumonia. We are married 19 years. We have a large family and the youngest is 3 years old. For all practical purposes it feels like he is gone. The loneliness can be unbearable especially when you want to share the children's milestones. My most fervent wish is for no one to ever be diagnosed with this most horrible disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back