Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Last Saturday I had to travel 51 miles to Podunkville to tune a piano. The piano belonged to a woman that had recently passed and her 50ish year old son was doing the tidy-up deceased Mom's affairs thing. She left behind a reasonably good quality grand piano along with a household of furniture, papers and a fridge with some red and white wine.

The son asked if I would like the unopened bottle of white wine as he only preferred the red. Shucks, I've been a tea-totaler for so long I thought it might be fun to slurp down a bottle of the old vino. Vino Maipo - a chardonay of some sort. Huge bottle! Looks to be about half a gallon of the stuff!

Anyway, I graciously accepted it as a sort of tip for a job well done and as he handed it to me, his girlfriend (also 50ish) said, "Party on dude!" Is it kosher to "'party on" with a bottle of Vino Maipo? Anyway, I'm sitting here tonight in my computer room/office with a small plate of swiss cheese, hi-ho crackers and olives with a glass of this stuff. I guess I'm partying on...

One of the questions my neuro asked during my first visit was, "Do you drink alchoholic beverages much?" I didn't at the time and haven't for quite a long time but I have to admit, I could become a wino. What harm could it do? Give me a motor neuron disease?

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Party on dude! Wish I could join you! And you could never be a wino or even a whino so don't worry, be happy. :D:D

Party on! So what if you become a wino? Who cares at this point. But it you are going to do it then drink red wine, it is good for you. LOL.

I just got that you meant a "tip" as in a gratuity, rather than informative tidbit LOL I kept reading your post over, trying to see where the advise was!

I'm a red wine drinker, and I truly think its good for a person, it mellows one out, and tastes good with virtually anything. so Cheers

I figure the red wine is the only thing keeping me alive.

AL

Red wine is verrrry good! Much better than white! Just not too dry.

Rose, sorry for the confusion. I once received a leather jacket as a tip for tuning a piano. This was the first bottle of wine, though.

I think the tip (advice) was ""drink some vino and have a good time" ;-)

Last edited:
PZ,

I think a leather jacket is a lot more unusual tip than a bottle of wine.

Al,

Don and I have gone winery hopping (crawling?) a few times recently over in Loudon County VA, which is just west and north of the Washington DC area. Its been really enjoyable. How's the merlot making coming along this year?

Barry,
Me too, in fact, it was after the fact, I'd already moved on to another thread, when I realized it was tip not tip.

Last edited:
Pz-
So, if you drank it last night, did you get into any mischief?!?!?
And, did you have a hangover this morning? (since you are a tea-totaler)

Colleen- I disagree! LOL I never "met" a wine I didn't like!

I think everyone is "party-ing on" on this thread! LOL

Mare,
I've been drinking this bottle much too slowly to get a proper buzz on. At the rate I'm drinking this bottle, it will last me into Thanksgiving. Okay, maybe not...

PZ

Kim-
You ARE a tea-totaler! Jim & I just finished a bottle at dinner! You may think we are alcoholics.(?) But, over 2 hrs., that's not bad. It is all relative!

Last edited:
Mare! I just realized your avatar is Wonder Woman! I loved WW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back