Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I have called around to every local pharmacy and clinic (listed on the DCD site) within 50 miles of us to see if they have the H1N1 injectable vaccine. Two had the nasal mist vaccine and were only giving it to very young children, none had the injectable. (I understand the mist should not be taken by pALS, since it is a live virus.) My husband's GP will not be getting the vaccine at all.

Have any of you actually gotten an H1N1 shot yet? If so, was it available at a clinic/pharmacy or a doc's office?

Last edited:
I am told that is not available yet here , and the health unit will be giving out the shots, not the doctors.

My Dr says I should get it as soon as its available and then wait 3 - 4 weeks for the regular flu shot which is only available if you are 65 and older right now.

Glen

The shot hasn't been available around me, yet. All the "hype" (for lack of a better word) surrounding the flu this year is a stark balance against the lack of available vaccinations!

I was at the ALS clinic at Johns Hopkins last week for a visit related to the Talampanel trial. They gave me a seasonal flu shot but said they have only a limited amount of H1N1 vaccine available and they have to start with the healthcare providers. Maybe next month when I go for clinic.

Our GP e-mailed me to say that as soon as she receives the vaccine she will come out to the house and give Tammy the injection. Should be within the next few weeks. Tammy is at the top of the list for the shot.

Hi guys,
Down under we are able to get the H1N1 vaccine now (have for a few weeks)

Currently health workers, elderly, people with medical conditions eg MND etc and others i have forgotten are encoraged to get the shot first.
We have had 2 clinics in my town already.

I think the vaccine being used is a Aus. developed one (dont quote me) so it might explain why we have it and it is comming soon to you.

On the other hand if you develop a cure or slowing down treatment for MND then i expect it to be here the day it is available to you .:grin:

cheers
Peter

I was at clinic on Thursday. I was given the seasonal flu shot. MDA pd for it. I was told to get a voucher from my Dr in Denver as soon as the H1N1 is out. Told it should be coming soon. Also I believe MDA is paying that bill also... Might want to ck this out? Oh, and some Walgreens are working with MDA and will give the shot at some of their stores.. Lin

Here in the UK they rolled out the vaccination programme today, first to health workers/hospital patients at risk, and then from next week to all other 'at risk' groups. Both my partner and I will hopefully be included, him due to MND, me due to pregnancy. There seem to be two different types of vaccine, one by Glaxo Smith-Kline, the other by Baxter. Pros and cons with each one. D

CJ
try your local health department.

According to the health department (they are one of the clinics that had the nasal mist) and my son's pediatrician, the H1N1 is being given to children between 6 (?) months and 4 years of age first. This is after healthcare workers I assume. This could be a state mandate and not federal, I have no idea.

The nurse giving my son the seasonal flu shot was not too optimistic about the H1N1 reaching the general public any time soon.

FYI -

All flushots contain mercury! Mercury causes neurodegenerative diseases ! such as ALS ! most of you most likely have this disease because of the vaccines you recieved as children, and/or you have amalgam fillings !

Do your research and remember a doctor is not a scientist, I recommend you find a scientist who can show you scientific proof and not just stuff they learned to say and prescribe in med school !

I have called around to every local pharmacy and clinic (listed on the DCD site) within 50 miles of us to see if they have the H1N1 injectable vaccine. Two had the nasal mist vaccine and were only giving it to very young children, none had the injectable. (I understand the mist should not be taken by pALS, since it is a live virus.) My husband's GP will not be getting the vaccine at all.

Have any of you actually gotten an H1N1 shot yet? If so, was it available at a clinic/pharmacy or a doc's office?

Mindy,

If my husband gets H1N1, it will be all over. I'm talking done! So, do we take a chance on the vaccine or do we take a chance on the virus?

He's already got ALS. There ain't no goin back.

I've been researching ALS for 3 years now and I've learned that no amount of pulling of the teeth (mercury) or stoppage of vaccines is going to help stop my husband's progression.

You are apparently new to this and I applaud you for wanting to help. All I can say is my husband has tried many "natural" things that have been suggested to us and none have done a damn thing to halt the progression.

Perhaps you would like to read about research re: ALS. Go to ALSTDI. Or, read as many medical journals as you can regarding the disease.

By the way, sorry you have someone close to you with ALS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hear! Hear!

Tell it like it is CJ .

Glen

Our GP e-mailed me to say that as soon as she receives the vaccine she will come out to the house and give Tammy the injection. Should be within the next few weeks. Tammy is at the top of the list for the shot.

Mark: You have a very good GP! Thumbs Up! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back