Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
In hopes of not high jacking other threads I thought it appropriate to start this one so we could share what is happening, weather wise, in each of our areas.

Here is what it is currently like where we live. It is colder than usual but at least it is not snowing!

MediaOne1.jpg

MediaOne2.jpg

reno NV is beautiful this week. highs are 70, low about 30. we are high desert, so we always have a big swing in temps. Hugs to all lori

Good thread Joel, it might make some of us in the North a little envious of those in the south. It has stopped snowing And -5degreeC. in Edmonton, Alberta ,Canada We would love to go down with friends again to Arizona for a few weeks but since the diagnosed it wouldn't be wise,no medical insurance.

We had flash flood warnings all through the day yesterday and my neighborhood always floods during heavy rain. My sump pump has been steady on for over 12 hours.

Zaphoon

Stay safe and dry Zaphoon,thank goodness for sump pumps.

It's about the same weather in Drayton Valley as it is in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The one good thing is - it is not snowing but it feels really cold. Just a taste of whats to come. I hope the rain stops for you Zaphoon - it would be terrible to flood.

Good thread Joel, it might make some of us in the North a little envious of those in the south. It has stopped snowing And -5degreeC. in Edmonton, Alberta ,Canada We would love to go down with friends again to Arizona for a few weeks but since the diagnosed it wouldn't be wise,no medical insurance.

You could always come and visit us. It is not Arizona but the temperature is better than where you are. LOL.

I've posted some pictures taken this morning from my neighborhood flood and posted them in my album entitled, "My House". You can see the flooded streets, playground, front yards and one guys garage is 1/3 under water with his garage doors open.

Zaphoon

Sorry for your weather worries Zaphoon! Used to live in Wpg. so understand the stress. Something you don't need,get those muscles tighter! :( Thanks Joel for rubbing that temp. in! 4 inches of snow here. My girlfriend lives in south Surrey and was telling me her temp. today. I'm very jealous!Today

We used to live in Prince George (BC) then in Moose Jaw (SK) and Swift Current (SK). I don't miss those winters at all, or the wind!

Our weather today is beautiful, clear sky, lots of sun and very warm - no problem being outside without a coat.

Ah, so I have someone who understands and can give me sympathy? Highs this week supposed to be -5C.And yes the wind is just wonderful. Useless putting on hairspray!It just picks it up and swirls it around the entire time you're outside. No coat? Can't remember not having a sweater on this summer. Except when I went to Texas.(ah the warm memories)!Was supposed to get cement poured Sept. Just got the forms in yesterday.Figures! I'm sure we'll have to wait until spring now!

Joel, do you have any cedar or holly? I miss those trees!

Yes, it brings back memories! We spent 12 years on the prairies. Lots of fond memories too. You can still pour your concrete. They put some calcium in it to speed up the setting process, then cover it up for a few days and all will be fine. What are you pouring concrete for? What are you building?

Yes, we got the apples picked and Christine has been busy making pies, yum! Thanks for telling us what the trees are. That has been bothering me for 2 years. LOL.

We have some huge cedar trees and lots of holly as well.

I better post this before more questions come. LOL. I have watched several postings come in as I have been composing this reply.

Hi Joel, I visit Abbotsford at least once a year sometimes more, I have very close family living their. They came to visit us last January for a family thing and enjoyed the beautiful blue sky and sunshine. True your weather is gentler than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back