Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Alexandria
Recruiting new players , wanting new ideas.

You have read them here before , want to join in ?

Even if you just have a wacky topic , lets hear it.

Obviously , Im ready . What should we do ? sci-fi ? mindless humor ? classical parody ?

I've got family obligations this weekend, don't know how much I can contribute (at least today).... however, if any inspiration strikes me as far as a PLOT... or even a story line with no plot.... or casting suggestions.... or even a reason to put "dr/nurse rose back up as an avatar.... I'll make sure to log in for a few minutes :)

I have an idea! Who's watched Life On Mars? I loved that series! I would have watched it just for the music and '70's' clothes alone. Glenn (Mr "Sci Fi") if you missed it, you've got to rent it once its available. I would love to participate, but if you guys use it for the follies, I will also enjoy reading how it unfolds after the fact.

Great new idea, Rose! If no other Life on Mars fans chime in (never saw it, sorry), how about other favorite TV shows? Seinfeld (Giddyup!), I Love Lucy, Lost (now THERE'S a show ripe for parody!).

I agree with Glen ... we need new ideas, new participants. Barry is hugging trees and bugging eagles this weekend. Don't know if the ever-creative PZ is around. Thelma should be hanging around. Sounds like Rose is not available. But I know we have some newbies and oldbies here....

Bad Hemmingway has been done to death. How about Bad Gone With the Wind? (or is our Southern Belle still treading water?) Or Bad Jane Austin (that has promise I think, but I'd have to brush up on my reading). Bad Shakespeare? (To twitch or not to twitch? Is that even a symptom, let alone a question?) Bad Stephen King? Etc.

Or one-liners:
You know you've got ALS when you've got drool on your shoes and you don't own a St. Bernard.
You know you've got BFS when Wright's head explodes at your 200th rephrasing of the same question.
Ask any ALS woman: the best thing about big boobs is they help cushion your falls.
What is the one thing ALS women are thankful for? Boobs aren't muscles.

etc. And, now, back to Glen Brittle, reporting live from Ontario, California. (That is what CA stands for, isn't it?) I've got to go consult Dr. Google about broken ribs and see if I've got one. (3 falls this week. ouch)

Last edited:
So BethU, I have to ask (you left yourself wide open for it)... In the first part of your post you say "Ask any ALS woman: the best thing about big boobs is they help cushion your falls."

Further down you add "I've got to go consult Dr. Google about broken ribs and see if I've got one. (3 falls this week. ouch)"

What are you saying here? That you might have had compound fractured ribs if you were, umm, a different shape, or that you would have escaped with a light bruising if things were different?

Can't get much idea from YOUR avatar.

Either way ouch. New year's eve two years ago I was involved in an impaired driving accident. I was chasing my dog around the dining room table on my scooter and flipped off landing ribs first on a low window sill. Cracked my ribs and they were agonizing.

Well , just as I thought , some of the ladies have undulated in.

Where are the guys ?

Beth, whats up with tempting gravity ? I hope that rib is only bruised.

Up here in the north , where Ontario See Ehh , we have the Canada Geese arriving in tremendous flocks. They are nice to see and hear, but do not walk where they have been.

One liners might be fun , but we need participants.

Looks like a quiet weekend. Maybe we're all follyed out.

The people who break their ribs are even crazier than us people who twitch! Geez ... you can't believe the human race and the questions they ask about health care. I guess this explains everything we'll ever want to know about Congress. Anyway ... rib could be bruised or cracked. I have the symptoms (can't believe I'm typing this! Don't tell Wright). It hurts, it hurts when I press it, it hurts when I twist, and oh boy, when I cough. But the pain is fading, so my diagnosed is a bruise. Only remedy in any case is Tylenol and self-pity.

I can always amuse myself by typing in random symptoms on Google to see what else I might have.

Oh, PS ... Some of the Canada Geese winter in LA, but in fewer and fewer numbers, alas. But I know winter's coming when those great V's appear in the sky. We're in a semi, somewhat, kinda rural type area so we can get fairly close to them in some of the fields and parks.

I wish I had the wit and creativity! :)

Ok I spent the entire day running errands, shopping for a new table and then took Chico to the dog park... it is such a social scene. I am moving in 3 weeks. Holy moly....

Ok Beth I am worried about your ribs. Are you sure fading pain means they are just bruised? Paging Dr Wright! Paging Dr Wright! Dr Wright please report to the Forum Follies - Wide Open thread stat!

And Beth, I LOVE the Lost parody idea. I am a full blown Lost addict. Has anyone seen Flash Forward? I thought it was pretty cool!

You're on, Thelma ... next week: LOST !

I want to be the mysterious French woman in the jungle. Folks: Pick your characters, and let's see if we can solve the LOST mystery ourselves next week! (Or maybe I could be the cloud of smoke!) We do have a doggie role for a talented Schnoodle ...

Thelma ... will you be so kind as to crash the plane next Friday and send us splashing into the next dimension ?!?

Last edited:
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's SuperGlen! As I was watching (and yes bugging) eagles today I saw a large flying object chasing a flock of Canada Geese with a shovel. All I could hear over the wind was "Will you PLEASE stop sh***ing on my lawn!" over and over again. I thought "well at least he is polite, must be Canadian eh?"

As he got closer I realized that he was wearing a lycra suit with a large G on the chest. I didn't realize that he migrated south for the winter from his summer home in Ontario CA to his winter home in Ontario CA.

Like WonderBeth (no, not wonder bread, pay attention now), who is able to get at the truth and can stop twitchers using her golden lasso, SuperGlen is able to kill with his razor sharp wit and has to have a special permit for his typing fingers.

Which reminds me of another super hero, DroolerMan. DroolerMan is just a normal guy who was bitten by a lithium contaminated radioactive spider whose 8 legs were twitching uncontrollably. A day after the was bitten DroolerMan discovered that he could use his special powers to help people. He was able to irrigate crops, control dust on gravel roads and control crowds all by just opening his mouth.

(Where am I gong with this post, you might ask? Good question! I have no idea.)

Last edited:
I'd be happy to crash the plane next Friday! Can't wait!

Hm, I don't know who I want to play. My favourite character is Sayid because he's fearless and once killed a guy just using his feet. I also love Daniel Faraday because I have a weakness for total science geeks. I also loved Ana Lucia but sadly she was shot in the stomach.

Oh yes and Chico could play Vincent even though he was a yellow lab and has since disappeared. Maybe Chico could play the black smoke monster? Or one of the polar bears?

I love that show!

I've never seen Lost either.... but the way I write/act this is probably of little consequence.

... Now about those geese.... used to like watching them fly overhead, enjoyed hearing the honking, liked it was a sign of a change in seasons..... then.... I moved near to the Hudson River, and there were soooo many geese, sometimes I'd have to shoo them just to walk along the path by the river. There was goose sh*%^t everywhere. (except on the cars, they leave that for the seagulls)...

Could Lost be similar to the game Clue? A twitcher who only intended to scare his victim could end up stabbing multiple times because of uncontrolled twitching, or a severe clonus attack could be the real reason Colonel Al was kicked to death with an orthopedic shoe....

I remember the days when nobody knew who I was. An anonymous goose chaser in a Lycra suit. Everyone knows that you have to go south of LA to get good Lycra.

Now , I am found out . The paparazzi is going to pester me, and gawd knows we can not touch those slimy little ... hmmmm ... maybe its not the geese that leave those droppings ... maybe they are paparazzi slime trails ...

I am retiring from going on wild goose chases , being mistaken for a blimp or weather ballon. I am sure that my stalker , the notorious Barry G man , will be upset and spend even more time in front of his vanity mirror , adjusting his sunglasses , a saying "ooo wook movolish" and blowing kisses to himself.

I just want to get Lost .

Speaking of which .... how many seasons must I download and watch before that folly ?

Glen, is there a specific reason that your prefer lycra over just generic spandex? Do you find it gives your suit more durability, or perhaps a more flattering fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back