Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
Here is what we recently did, friends and family built us a new deck.
Here I am before the railing is finished.

We still have to stain it but we get immense joy out of being able to be outside and enjoy the beauty of nature.

I am not letting ALS interrupt my life! :smile::smile::smile:

Deck.JPG

Deck1.JPG

Deck2.JPG

Deck3.JPG

Deck4.JPG

What does everyone else do to enjoy life?

WOW ... what a gorgeous deck and surroundings ! Beautiful, beautiful.

What a lovely oasis.. I second that Beth.. It is the way I always would picture spending my time up NORTH.. thanks for sharing with us.
I enjoy movies, reading, television, surfing the net, watching CNBC, HG, tv, and love being around my family and my dog. Thanks for starting such a thought provoking thread.

Gotta say that is one fine deck. I am jealous. As far as the surrounding goes, as a fellow BC'er you kind of get used to it and sometimes tend to take it for granted and "as a matter of fact". We live on east coast of Vancouver Island and basically from one window look at the ocean and from another look at the mountains. It just doesn't get any better.

Holy deck Batman, that is awesome!

Joel I am one jealous guy. That is the only thing I miss about moving me and the boys in with my mum is my deck and the woods behind my house. We used to see deer, wild turkey, all right from the deck.

I enjoy anything that involves my sons, being outside, my family, computers, and my dog.

Very Beautiful deck.. Must give you lots of enjoyment..WTG...

OK I have to say when I opened the thread and saw your first picture, I thought oh my what kind of railings do they have in Canada? Then I read the railing was not completed. LOL! That is an incredible deck. What a peaceful spot you have there in your neck of the woods.

My Dad loves to play cards and we had a friendly game of Texas Holdem tonight. We laughed so hard this evening that we were shedding happy tears!

Wow! Nice deck! Sure beats my 3 by 5-foot balcony overlooking a parking lot. :)

Thanks everyone! Yes, we have a beautiful place that provides us a lot of privacy and peace, yet we are only minutes to major centers and Vancouver.

It am encouraged to read what others do to enjoy their lives! Thanks for sharing!

Here is what I need to get around on our property.

TankChair.JPG

OK - what does everyone else do to enjoy life?

Now that is one cool looking motorized chair! Love the deck too.
Laurel

joel-
First of all-that deck is beautiful! And just in time for spring!

I enjoy life by watching my boys play baseball, football, basketball and pole vault. I also enjoy HGTV, TLC and American Idol. I take a lot of pictures of the boys and their sports and I also enjoy sitting on our deck and watching 96 acres.

I think I enjoy life most by watching each foot hit my floor every morning!And for that, I am grateful.

-brenda

Hey Joel,

Awesome Deck !

I am still trying to find new things to do.

Being a motorcycle / hot rod tinkerer at heart , I am searching to see if I can put headers on a new scooter that comes on Tuesday.

Glen

what we do

Great thread! Great decking! I love those trees.

We live in the North of England, we both love nature and try to get out as much as possible, even it it means just driving across the moors on a rainy day (and there are plenty of those up here). We both like art so visit museums and art exhibitions, we go to the cinema and the theatre.

My partner played bass in a band prior to his diagnosis. He can no longer play bass/guitar but he is now playing the keyboard (mostly with his good hand) and continues to make some unbearable and incredible racket :)
We have taken a few short city breaks, as opposed to planning a long holiday which may or may not materialise. Sometimes, after an exciting 'adventure' we sit in the car, look at each other and say 'life is good!' And yes, we argue, bicker, wind each other up - same as before the diagnosis, which is just us! We have developed a dark sense of humour where MND is concerned - and we laugh in the face of it.

Next stop - a driving trip across Scotland. I can't wait for its wilderness. D

Now that is a cool chair too. All you need is a bit of netting and some cammo paint and it would look like a small tank. Or at first glance it reminded me of that 80's movie Short Circuit. You should call that chair Johnny 5...lol

Hey Joel...awesome deck and what a chair! Gives 'all terrain vehicle' a whole new meaning! Do you mind if I copy the pic of the chair?I want to have some fun with it spoofing some friends :)

Joan and I enjoy everything we can! Happy Easter to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back