Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
Just thinking out loud here.......but wouldn't people who sell medical supplies on this forum be better advised to list the items all in one post with asking prices included?

It seems to be a bit rude to take up the whole "New Post" page with listings from the same seller. This has happened several times, and I think it is time to fix it.

Thank You.....I will crawl back under my rock now!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Mostly because I'm surfing almost exclusively via "new posts" plus I'm one continent away and soooo not interested. If it were all in one post there'd be no thread name to create anyone's interest. Just threads called "I lost the love of my life and now try to make ends meet while getting rid of the worst pieces of sentimental value".
Figured there'd hopefully be some win-win situation deals and then the whole business would sediment and "really concerned, is this ALS?" threads would take over again. I'd like to join you under your rock to watch the tides of this forum.

I'm of the same thought. Like Wish, I pretty much Navigate by the "new posts"

Angie

Mods did talk about it. I'll leave one of the smarter ones to explain why it was left as is...

I agree with Mark. If I were selling 10 items, I would list them in one post with my asking price. I would use the same thread to say which ones were no longer available.

I do understand why people list items separately so they can describe the item in the title of their thread. There is also an advantage using Google search so my guess is that's why listing individually makes sense.

I think the whole thing is done now.

I do want to be sure you all know about a handy little function that lets you clear out new posts with a couple of clicks. If you want to get rid of all of the new posts you can do it from the main forum page. If you want to clear out just the ones from a subforum you can do it from the subforum thread list page.

On the main page it is in quick links. Click the drop down and choose mark forums read. In the subforums it is in the forum tools list. Both are on the right near the top. It is extremely useful if you don’t want to read everything and use the new posts function

Thank you Mark for bringing it up and Nikki for teaching me another forum hack.
Goodbye DIHALS, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back