Old 05-08-2016, 07:11 AM #1 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Default ALSA Advocacy Day 2016

We dropped Heidi off at my son's place and made it to the hotel last night. An old Air Force friend of mine who has MS is supposed to drive into DC with his wife to have lunch with us and (hopefully) get some inspiration from the guy with ALS. It's starting to look like a catch up on sleep day here--not very inspirational!!

I forgot to pack two very important items: a power strip and a corkscrew. Got a corkscrew in the gift shop and managed to get everything plugged in by moving furniture and unplugging a number of items. Boy would I love to help write a standard for wheelchair accessible hotel rooms. I know we are probably the extreme when it comes to guests--but if they could accomodate us easily imagine how great it would be for everybody else!
Thanks from
gooseberry (05-08-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 12:42 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ALSA Advocacy Day 2016

Glad you made it! Yes, hotel rooms are like obstacle courses. Have a great time w/ your friend/in advocacy.

Best,
Laurie
Closed Thread

Tags
advocacy, als, alsa, friend, love, night, power, sleep, wheelchair