Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
For Christmas our oldest daughter gave me a most thoughtful gift-- a two week subscription to a service called Blue Apron. I was able to pick from six recipes and receive three meals a week for two weeks. They send everything I need, including spices, butter, and special oils. There is just enough food (meat, starch, veggies) for two with no leftovers. There is also a lovely color recipe card with step by step instructions for each meal. I just had to open, follow directions, and cook. The food is fresh and good, and I just added my credit card so I can continue the service. We're eating things I wouldn't think to cook, it's healthy, and I didnt' have to think or shop!

Oh that's lovely!

Frozen meals just don't cut it for me, but it would be lovely to have fresh ingredients and new recipes to try.

Maybe the gift voucher could have included sending someone to do the cooking and cleaning up for you though, now that would be priceless! ;)

LOL Tillie. This is the daughter who makes it clear that coordinating is more her forte than getting her hands dirty. I have to say, she has a way of undermining my irritation :)

Oh she didn't have to cook, she could send some strapping man with a frilly apron .... :shock:

How thoughtful! Enjoy!

Oh she didn't have to cook, she could send some strapping man with a frilly apron .... :shock:

Now that's EXACTLY the kind of thing I'd suggest. It gets those eyes rolling every time!

I am going to look into this more. The website has some delicious looking food on it. what a thoughtful gift.

That's a great gift. Thanks for sharing. I am going to look into it myself.

my cals and i have seen these commercials and have wondered if its really 'that easy'. thanks for sharing that it IS easy. what a great idea for a gift!

Hello fresh is a similar program with fresh food sent for three meals a week. Gave this to our daughter and son-in-law for Christmas in honor of her dad- who was such a healthy eating, exercise advocate! She has lost 81 pounds- and I know her dad is smiling down on her, proud as can be that he was her role model. She loves the concept and easy to prepare gourmet meals. So lots of options now available! As a CAL,would have loved this! Donna

Hello fresh is a similar program with fresh food sent for three meals a week. Gave this to our daughter and son-in-law for Christmas in honor of her dad- who was such a healthy eating, exercise advocate! She has lost 81 pounds- and I know her dad is smiling down on her, proud as can be that he was her role model. She loves the concept and easy to prepare gourmet meals. So lots of options now available! As a CAL,would have loved this! Donna

WOW! I might have to look it up. I could say goodbye to 81 lbs. :)

Ditto. I have put to many pounds on since July between trying to keep steve eating high calories and my nerves.

I had my fourth meal last night and it was delicious. I can see where I will drop some weight (much needed as I've also gained a lot since DX), but hubby is still eating with me so I will have to supplement him with some extra calories. We are still fighting his out of control glucose levels--increasing the insulin gradually and finally seeing some results but we have further to go. I think we've finally gotten his provider past the stage of expecting him to control it through diet by explaining that when I get the numbers down it's through under feeding him. I've gotten off track here, sorry. I'm keeping the service and may try Hello Fresh also since both services allow you to control how many meals you receive. Now if I can keep myself away from the caloric supplements I give Matt...

Wonderful to hear the meals are all delicious. Are they also really easy to prepare meals?
I know you have only had 4 so far, but are they quite different to each other, so you get good variety?

I've had shift so many cubic metres of mulch to finally start shifting weight I put on with that high calorie diet I was supposed to be trying to get into my PALS... actually I'm sure it was the eating at night, that's the worst time to consume any calories is after around 9pm as the liver has switched to toxin cleansing instead of digesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back