Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
I am not sure where to post this. Moderators, please move this as you see fit.

We are cat and dog lovers. Just about since we were married 30 years ago, we have had a series of siamese cats.

Pharaoh was a pure-bred, lilac point siamese. He was stunningly beautiful. He was also the dumbest animal I have ever encountered. However, he made up for this by being the most loving animal I have ever encountered.

Through the long years of diagnosis, he was my faithful companion and even more so after diagnosis. He was extremely happy when I went on disability and stayed home more.

As my breathing got worse, he figured out to sleep on my ribs rather than my diaphragm (my accessory breathing muscles are pretty much gone, but my diaphragm still does the trick). He would make sure I did not get too much sleep by waking me up for regular petting and he loved to have his belly rubbed.

He had been diagnosed with renal failure, for which we treated him for over a year. However, in his last days he started exhibiting signs of neurological problems. The vet said that he likely had cancer, which had spread to his brain.

So, yesterday we took him to the vet for the last time.

It hit me really hard and both Lori and I are morning his loss deeply.

Experiencing this is part of being a caretaker for a pet, but it sure does suck.

Here is a picture of the guy.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 307
I'm sorry for your hurting heart! Remember the good times you shared together.
Audrey

Steve, nothing beats the comfort of our beloved pets when dealing with this monster. My heart aches for you. So glad pharaoh brought you comfort for as long as he was able. Hugs. Donna

Steve,
So sorry to hear about your sweet cat. You, he and Lori were the better for having found each other.

Best,
Laurie

So sorry Steve, losing a beloved pet totally sucks xxx
Thanks for sharing so you know we feel your pain and loss

Steve this breaks my heart.
We are actually sitting at the vet with our beloved Holly.
I just don't know how we'd cope without her...

Crying for a furry member of the family are certainly not wasted tears.

All my love to you and Lori.

God bless, Janelle x

Attachments

• 14500628399531372530236.jpg
    14500628399531372530236.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 298
Rest in peace Pharoah. You were well loved and will be missed. Nothing like a sweet puddy cat to lift ones spirits. So sorry Steve. It is hard to say goodbye to our family members. Yes it does suck. Thinking of you and Lori.
Laurel

We are catpeople as well, and know how hard it is to lose them. We currently have 5 cats; Meisa(Siamese), Joe (lilac Siamese), Dark Angel (big black junk yard cat), Putty (black), Luna (daughter of Putty, black long haired). They grow on you I guess, but 5 is way to many, lots of cat box maintence, and food. They also destroy furniture and carpet.
Steve........so what I'm trying to say is if you want another cat, I will give you one or two!

Steve,
Very sorry for your loss. Our pets give us so much unconditional love. They are family.
Marty

Steve-
I'm so sorry for the passing away of your gorgeous, furry, astoundingly dumb and very loving companion, Pharaoh. Sometimes it's the simpletons that make the biggest impression- there's always a balance- the dopes live to love. They do take up so much more space in your heart than their actual physical size in the world.

Condolences

~Fiona

Bigmark there must be something in the air.

When I read Steve's sad news we were at the vet with Holly our 10 year old rescue.
They have cat shelter ads up.
We bought a 11 week old rescue whilst at the vet. We have named her Lily.

Steve we hope our new girl Lily brings us as much joy as gorgeous Pharaoh did you and Lori.

God bless, Janelle x

It's amazing how much our fur babies get into our hearts, so sorry for your loss.
Love Gem

So sorry Steve you have lost your cat. My son is wanting a dog badly...something that loves you unconditionally. He is researching non-allergenic breeds because I have bad allergies. He says all the time, " That isn't a very smart dog/cat, but it is very loving and that's what counts."

I hope you are able to find another pet to love at some point. Maybe you and Bigmark can meet up and help each other?!?!? I know a furry pal can never be replaced but you can certainly help a cat in need...

I am so sorry you lost a loving member of your family, Steve. It's heartbreaking when we lose our furry companions. I'm certain Pharaoh has crossed over the rainbow bridge. May she rest in peace.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

*Author Unknown*

I am very sorry You did the right and brave thing as a final gift to him but I know how deep the loss is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back