Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
Look who we met up with for dinner last night after his second opinion appointment with D r Bedlack. For those of you who know of our good doctor's wonderful wardrobe, it looks like our guy Chally gave him a run for his money! We had a wonderful evening, and I'm not sure who did the most talking. Chally and Beth were accompanied by their two lovely (grown) daughters. What a wonderful support system!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    894 KB · Views: 492
Great picture. Thanks for sharing. Chally please tell us what Dr B said about the jacket. He must have loved it

Last edited:
Awesome pic. Looks like everyone had fun

oh oh oh!

How wonderful!

I just love when our family get to meet up in person, and the photo is priceless. Chally you gave me such a huge smile :)

what kind of tires are on challys wc? it looks like he could go on some of swalkers adventures with that thing! :)

That looks like it was great fun. Thanks for posting the picture!

Steve

what kind of tires are on challys wc? it looks like he could go on some of swalkers adventures with that thing! :)

CHally has a Frontier V6, and it takes him off road. Speaking from experience (my hubby has one also), even with those tires CALS have to come to the rescue on occassion!

oooooh you have a new crown!

Tom and I are next up...meeting Chally and Beth on the Carolina Beach boardwalk tomorrow afternoon! A fabulous handicap accessible boardwalk, people with mobility devices can get pretty close to the water. This is a photo of Tom and Maddie. I'll post one with Chally tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC_3802.jpg
    DSC_3802.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 269
Look who we met up with for dinner last night after his second opinion appointment with D r Bedlack. For those of you who know of our good doctor's wonderful wardrobe, it looks like our guy Chally gave him a run for his money! We had a wonderful evening, and I'm not sure who did the most talking. Chally and Beth were accompanied by their two lovely (grown) daughters. What a wonderful support system!

Awesome you were all able to meet up. Dr Bedlack is definitely a treat with his wardrobe:)

Tom, his service dog Maddie, and Chally - loved spending the afternoon with Chally and Beth, so grateful to have met them both.

Attachments

• DSC_8098.jpg
    DSC_8098.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_8074.jpg
    DSC_8074.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 289
even with those tires CALS have to come to the rescue on occassion!

I am rehabilitating an X4, which has the same wheels. It is made by the same company and uses the same ATV tires (specifically, mine uses size 145/70 - 6) But, instead of just 2 big wheels, my X4 uses the large wheels on all four corners (and is 4 wheel drive).

My wife has had to rescue me many times in my Permobil C500. I plan to get into lots of trouble with the X4 and need lots of rescuing;)

Steve

Steve, I just read your post about the X4. How exciting! I'm sure you will have many adventures in it! Right now I'm wishing we had an engineer friend who could troubleshoot our V6. There is a problem somewhere causing all functions other than forward and reverse to stop working. Our local company has given up on it as they have no specs. The folks at Mobility in Motion are now trying to get the info to them so that it can be repaired. Fingers crossed, as we love the chair! In the meantime, the Permobile C300 is back at the factory being run through the assembly line because of multiple failures over the past year. I am very pleased with that approach. Guess what chair Matt's using full time right now. Yep, the backup C300 he found on Craig'slist. It's an early model, very basic and now elevator, but it's saving us right now.

Chally and Beth are stopping here for the night on their way home from the beach. We look forward to hosting them--what positive, upbeat people they are. I hope I can get the back of Matt's V6 upright so the can take a tour of the lakefront together (if the weather holds out--rain is due in).

These photos of meet-ups are so wonderful!

What a great thread! Love the photos and seeing the meetups--putting faces to the names. And that's a beautiful beach boardwalk. Time to start making more travel plans! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back