Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
No one is obligated to read there ( except the moderators) and no one has to reply. Long time members will remember that there was a time when the replies were not always kind

While I understand that PALS and CALS are stressed and grieving please do not respond if you can not be kind or at least civil. There have been several recent posts by a few members that have a definite undertone of hostility. It took a long time to break the unfortunate habits before and I intend to stop this before it goes any further. Comments are being removed by the moderators at our discretion as allowed by the terms of service to which you agreed when you joined.

It was argued to me last time that rude responses were a deterrent. Aside from the issue of polite discourse this is not true. Rudeness encourages the trolls and brings more posts from the anxious. You may not see this but the moderators do.

Please, if DIHALS distress you do not go there.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation

Last edited:
Of all the things you moderators do here, I think responding to the DIHALS is one of the most important. If there is a test for being a moderator, it must be that. Your kindness and patience with the people who bring their fears here is not only a service to them, it also shields the rest of us when we can't handle the stress. Thank you doesn't seem enough...

I second nuts reply. I often don't go to the dihals subforum because I simply can't deal with it. I don't know how you guys do Nikki. Thank you!

Thanks ladies. I am not saying that only the mods can reply or that we have to We do have to read and that often leads to a reply. If I were not a mod I would rarely read or reply there. You are wise to stay away. You certainly do not need any more stress or drama in your lives!

I understand that non-moderators will go to DIHALS sometimes, maybe out of kindness, or sometimes maybe it's for the same reason that people stare at automobile accidents: It's bad juju, but you just can't look away.

Personally, I go to the DIHALS area many times every day from sun-up to the wee hours of the next morning. I don't mind at all. PALS and CALS are certainly welcome to go there, too, but if you are upset with DIHALS, don't go there. I'll be happy to patrol that area.

--Mike

Nuts really does express my/our sentiments so very well with her post. I appreciate the feeling I get when I read one of the kind responses... even when firmly encouraging them to the door that leads to the rest of their life. And I agree... "thank you" just doesn't seem to say enough...

Jim

Thank you, Nikki, for all you do.
Always,
Laura.

Thanks Nikki.

My suggestion for the DIHALS who start with "I have numbness and tingling" and other clearly non-related MND symptoms is to respond by posting a link to the Sticky, with a polite note saying "you'll find your answer here" or "this may help".

I know the stickies are right at the top, but I think a lot of anxious DIHALS overlook them. Maybe redirecting them back might help. Maybe not. Just a thought.

Cee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back