Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
Our ramp wasn't always coming out when we activated it. We noticed the door had a scratch. Pushing the door back just a bit ensures it opens up and deploys every time. Of course that means you have to jump out and run around the van before your pals tries to get out! :)

Oh, not that's a PAIN!

Don't know what year your Toyota Van is but the TIG module had to be replaced several times or door/ramp wouldn't deploy. It was a known issue with Toyota and they now have a new manufacturer for that part. Dealer should repair for free.
PS assuming you have the Braun ramp.

Sherry

We have a 2015 with vmi conversion

we have a 2006 with that problem. Braun ramp van. sometimes the door doesn't even open all the way. and a lot of times I have to push it shut. HMMM

We have the same year and model. Had the same problem and took it back to the dealer here in Charleston and they made an adjustment as it was not engaging the switch showing the door all the way open. Good to go after that.

Hummm VMI, I wonder if that module is used in both conversions? Whatever is the issue your dealer should take care of it and come to you. I can't tell you how many times our dealer had to bring a loaner van and drive 1.5 hours each way to take it for service. Ours is a 2014 also.

Sherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back